Biopsy Results from Endoscopy

Posted , 5 users are following.

I got the results from my biopsy from the endoscopy I had, the doctor said I had a lot of inflammation in the lower part of my esophagus and that I had a polyp in my stomach, he suggested I continue to take my PPI pills, I told him I didn't take them in over a month now because of the side affects and because I have went with dieting. He said that also helps but he recommends I continue to take the PPI. I asked him then if I had a hernia and he said I did, but it had been there before this. I don't know if I believe that because of the changes that have taken place to me having this acid reflux issue. I wonder if I should look for a second opinion, I wasn't happy with his response. To change up my eating and continue to take my pills (Pantoprazole 20mg). I wonder if something being done with my hernia could fix this issue. I was fine up until March 26th 2018 when my acid reflux has been persistent.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You'll be lucky if they operate on your Hernia, bloody lucky! If they keep pumping your full of PPI'S their happy. I had a groin hernia, couldn't work, go sick they said!!!!!!  Had to fill a credit card up privately. Still paying for it now. 

• Posted

You might want to get a 2nd opinion. From e erything ive read  the hiatal hernia surgery does not have a great success rate and people often end up with a new hiatal hernia down the line. I personally would only consider it as a very last resort. If you are t happy with your current advice, I’d seek another gastroenterologist and see what he/she suggests. In the meantime you do want to address the inflammation, as it can lead to long-term damage. I’d take the PPI’s until you get a 2nd opinion.  Good luck! 
  • Posted

Get off the PPIs as quickly as you can and STAY OFF them! They are poison for your body and if you can find the right combination of natural remedies - or even D-Limonene + sticking to the diet, your body will thank you! I tried to get surgery for my hernia, but no German doctor would give me a transfer to the Reflux Clinic...telling me I'd have to live with the pain! I have been through hell with this reflux and lost over 30 pounds, which I couldn't spare. I would try just about anything to get relief...Change doctors as often as need be, until you find someone you are comfortable with and whom you trust - it is your health and your life at stake!

Best of luck to you!

• Posted

Totally agree friend, get off the PPI's, I was told by a pharmacist quote? That dose will kill you, yes I agree acid is bad for the esophagus, they rob your body of everything, and cause brittle bones etc etc. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.