Biopsy under general

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi ... Has anyone else been put to sleep for their biopsy? Saw gyno for first time and whilst they said some fusing was present she couldn't say LS for sure as the steroids would be masking all other conditions . She's referred me for urgent biopsy under general so she can do smear too ( last doc who tried couldn't do it ) should I be worried or is this quite normal 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Mine was done while awake so prob a routine check with the fusing on skin . I wish there was more info on LS for us sufferers. Carol
  • Posted

I had a local freezing for the biopsy.  Better for the heart I thought. Had a total aneastetic for my dilation procedure.  Is there a possibility that you can request your choice?
    • Posted

Hi. I have read some comments where women have diallation done just wondering why ? Does LS cause vaginal closing ? Sorry just didnt know any of this. Carol
    • Posted

I had to have a dilation procedure done because I was totally fused up.  Only a pinhole left to pass urine.  LS can cause vaginal fusing over.  After this procedure I had and still have to continue dilating myself to keep all stretched.  Would I have know all I do know today, I would have started dilating myself way sooner.  I therefore encourage all who experience a narrowing already to start dilating.  I think it is this reason why doctors may say to keep having intercourse. (brrr)  Better to do dilation yourself.  

Hope this explains.

• Posted

Ive had biopsys done with a local and had two biopsys done under a general as my surgeon said it would be too painful under local.  I think the LS had got a little advanced when I had the general surgery. But thanks to the forum I am keeping on top of it and have learnt how to take care of myself better.  Maybe like me your LS needs a bigger biopsy.
  • Posted

I think you are very lucky. Your doctor seems to know what she's doing and talking about, unlike most.

Biopsies are not pleasant and I wish I had been under GA for mine! Mind you, I wish I'd been under GA when I had the sutures out too lol.

Good luck. Don't worry.    

• Posted

I had dissolving stitches so that was not an issue. For me it was the recovery time, as I was told that it would be a few days.  It was actually 2-3 weeks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.