Bipolar disorder and anorexia

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm in the process of being diagnosed bipolar and I think I may be suffering from anorexia. I'm a single mother of 2 beautiful children please don't think I'm a bad person

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Please someone help me. I've recently miscarried my 5th pregnancy. I'm so confused and heads in a spin I just cant physically face food. I have no appetite I've lost 5 stone since last July

• Posted

Hi Sian,

I must have just missed this post as i didn't get to bed until 3 this morning. Please, please don't ever think you are a bad person. You are doing the best you can and two children who im sure love you dearly. It is a long journey but you will get there. I was diagnosed with bipolar a few years ago and have suffered depression and bulimia most of my life. I'm not sure how old you are but i have two boys who are now 22 and 19 and they saw me at my worst i was a single parent too. My 22 yr old is currently touring New Zealand and my 19yr old is at catering college so my situation didn't stop them becoming fantastic young men. I can give you my email if you want to chat further.

Im popping out at 11 as i have 4 dogs to walk but should be back by 1.30. You are a lovely lady and mother so please try not to feel bad you can get better.

Love

Alison

• Posted

So sorry you are suffering. Bipolar disorder oftens is comorbid

with anorexia and bulimia. My daughter suffers with both. Until we addressed

the bipolar the other two illness continued. My daughter was hospitalized for

seven months with her anorexia. She continues therapy, but once she stated

mood disorder medication she quickly started to improve. She is taking

serequel and zoloft. Serequel was the game changer.

If you need any addition info...please feel free to email me.

• Posted

I am a mother of two, and I don't think that you are "bad."  I went through so much before I found myself and realized that I was my worst enemy.  I actually dated someone that refered himself to mynjguy only to find out that he was everyone's guy. He almost ruined my life! You need to find yourself and don't let anyone bring you down. You will find your way if you let your inner being out!!

• Posted

PS Please don't let anyone influence the way you look.  I am curvy and at times I was made to feel like I was overweight which I'm not. Be yourself and don't let anyone put you down. An exercise class might help you feel alive again, too. I take Zumba and would highly recommend it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.