Bipolar Mean Average Award For PIP

Posted , 2 users are following.

This is my first post

My friend with Bipolar 1 is waiting for the result of her paper based assessment, thePIP people within the next three weeks

Having read the way in which PIP is operating I’m preparing for my friend to go right through to the Tribunal

The government and most websites will say that (irrrespective of the condition) that it is individuals not the condition which is been assessed. However, I would assume that there is some sort of medium figure out there about the number of points those with bipolar are likely to receive

One also has to consider the success rate if it goes as far as the Tribunal. At the momen the success rate at the Tribunal is running at 69 percent for all cases. Any idea what it might be for Bipolar

Kevin

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You need 8/11 points  in the descriptors ... I am bi polar 1 and got 11 points so got standard rate pip
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate you need 12 points for enhanced rate.  You scored 11 for DLC did you take it to MR and Tribunal considering you had a few points to play with

Kevin

• Posted

Although I scored low points I was happy for that .... I filled in the form with lengthy descriptions of help and described how my illness affected me .... gave 3 people for evidence psychiatrist,cpn therapist ... no MR /tribunal or face to face ... it's hell on earth waiting that decision I'm due review August ... here we go again 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.