Bisaprolol

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there I was at a wedding yesterday had 3glasses of bubbly and 2 pints of beer awake all night with bad palpitations haven taken my bisaprolol 2.5 milagrams still have them any suggestions please m

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I find indigestion (burping kind) sets off SVT I think it's a lot to do with the Vagus nerve which runs to the heart and the stomach.  Lots of gas in bubbly and beer - try taking an indigestion remedy.  I find as soon as I burp the fluttering in my heart stops.

• Posted

Sounds like it was a good party! Now in my opinion I'd think seriously of throwing 'them' in the bin or at least gradually reducing the dose to zero and finding an alternative

• Posted

Hi Michael no can do had pulmonary embolism and thrombus in both legs 2. years ago I'm very lucky only on small amount of meds just can't do alcohol anymore thank you for reply .Maree 

• Posted

I expect maree that the palps won't stop until the alcohol is out of your system. Would have thought also, that the 2.5 of Bisoprolol might have kicked in by now. Drink plenty of water if you can and try not to panic. Hopefully they will ease off soon. Let us know.

• Posted

Hi Christine thank you for your reply it the palms have started to ease a little in the last couple of hours took my bisaprolol a couple of hours ago I'm exhausted what a night and day and yes I drink. 3litres of water a day no more alcohol for me .maree 

• Posted

Think if you read the advice notes that comes with them it does say avoid alcohol!
    • Posted

it it does indeed but sometimes you need to let your hair down never thinking about anything thank you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.