Biso weaning

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

Been on biso for a year, weaning off from 1 to half now down to 1/4 tab about 5 weeks in, last few days anxiety hit me!

I know ive gotta stick with it, but its bad.

To start it was ok but now feeling anxious.

Anyone else had this?

Thanks and a Happy New Year x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane. I am sorry to hear you are going through this. I felt/feel the exact same thing. I am sure thousands do. It is not easy coming off this med for sure but it can be done. I did it. I still have anxiety from time to time and fast heart rate but when it hits it's important to tell yourself why. Mental is a huge part of it. Anxiety just gets worse when you get scared or worried or fearful and if you tell yourself it will pass and you are not in danger it will help. I have been off of this med now for about a year. I had terrible side effects from it. When anxiety hits I just get busy doing something and it helps to get my mind off of it. Then, it passes. The more you do this the less and less they hit and when they do, the episodes are shorter. Like I said none of it is easy but its doable. Unfortunately we are people that experience anxiety and I have found that the mental aspect of it is so very important to focus on and understand. Good luck God bless and hang in there!

• Posted

Thanks so much for your reply.

Ive lost so much weight too as always worrying. I know itll get better and just gotta sticj with it.

Bring off at home from work at christmas with less to do has made me realise that I'll have to keep busy.

Awful tablets, people just dont understand do they

I don't want to go anywhere and that's not like me xx

• Posted

HI Jane

im sorry to read your still going through this. I Came off last month after three months use for BP (long story i should have never been on it) basically the anixety was horrible as the dose lowered until for about a week i suffered really bad with it, this was when i had got down to no tablets at all but it easied

i still have days where i get anixious but no where near as horrific as it was on and/ withdrawing from the pills. but i think this maybe hormone related

There is defo light after these pills in life again hun you will get there and well done for getting down to this low amount

• Posted

Hi Michelle thanks for your reply.

The last few days have been awful, weaned down to quarter tab about 5 weeks ago and boom.....will take them for a few more weeks then i cannot wait to be rid of these awful things.

No one understands how we feel, mind always on the go, hardly eating. I know it'll get better soon

Hope youre ok xx

• Posted

it does get better i promise hun i was like that but have now gained weight due to actually eating. MY Doc even says how well i look

The anixety has defo went down

• Edited

Hi, Jane

I have weaned off 24 Months ago.

I am still alive, luckily 😃

I was weaning off for 7-8 Months, very very slowly.

I was taking BBs for around 2 years, the lowest dose.

Regarding withdrawal:

The worst thing is: an elevated heart rate during weaning off and 2-3 Months after stopping.

Anxiety is the 2nd worst thing.

Anxiety, imo, lasts way longer.

Heart rate goes back to normal after some time, and it jumps up from time in early Months after stopping after a lot of activity, walking, stress etc.

I had huge anxiety for 8 Months during weaning off (I was taking low doses of Valium to make it through easier).

After stopping Beta blockers, I had huge anxiety for a few Months, but it was getting better each new Month.

Today, 24 Months after stopping, I am still not 100% normal in terms of anxiety.

I am STILL too scared of some things (for example, when I have to drive for a few hours away from my city and traveling far, my anxiety kicks in with questions: what if I will get a tachycardia now, in the middle of nowhere, who will help me? Also, for some reason, after taking Beta blockers, I am currently slightly scared of elevators and crowded spaces, which I have never felt BEFORE drugs. Again, in elevators, I am scared: what if it stops and I can't go out? If I will get an arrhythmia attack, no one will be able to help me and I will die in an elevator).

I know, this is crazy.

In 99% of other normal life situations, I am now fine.

But in these situations, where there is some "risk" that no one will be able to help me, my anxiety starts to rise.

But, even in these extreme situations, I am learning how to calm down and tell to myself: nothing will happen.

Or: if it will happen, they will fix it soon, I will be fine.

But, there is a chance that we will never be 100% "normal" ever again, that needs to be said.

So, in short, this is my situation:

Anxiety was weaker and weaker each new Month after stopping.

Today I can live a normal life.

Except in some extreme situations where that anxiety (caused by stopping Beta blockers mixed with our fears due to our original heart disease) skyrockets.

But, your everyday anxiety which you are experiencing now, will pass.

For example, I am watching horror movies again every night now.

During Beta Blockers, and right after stopping them, I wasn't able to watch sports, actions movies.

It was too intense for me back then.

I couldn't watch more than 2 minutes of horrors back then.

I can do everything for the last 12 Months.

So: 90% of situations will be back to normal over months.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.