Bisoperol problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have with Doctors agreement stopped taking Bisoperol I was on 5mg dose and reduced the dose gradually to 1.25mgs but still had problems has anyone else had this experience?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Was this reduction done very gradually and is your Bisoprolol the combination pill of Biso/HCTZ....... You are very lucky to be able to reduce the mg dosage, .... Congratulations.......your condition must be imrpoving........ since the usual scenario goes from a low dosage to a higher dosage as one ages and gets worse....

your age is also a factor here, I assume you are a younger person who is recovering from an unfortunate illness, as well as doing all the right lifestyle  things necessary to improve.........Hope you continue to feel well !!!

• Posted

Hi John, after continually complaining to my GP I have been weened off the drug completely, 4 months ago now yet I still have all the symptoms I was suffering on it. some are to a much lesser degree but I feel like the damage has been done. whether it will reverse in time I do not know but if it hasnt improved after 4 months I feel this is unlikely. 
    • Posted

It takes me a few months to get rid of the side effects of each of the anti-hypertensives I've taken, though after 5 years of trying every type available, I'm actually disabled now, and I think it's due to the medications I've used.

I was still functioning fairly well until I started on the bp meds, I believe  they've done me more harm than good - I was able to walk for 30 minutes at a time, now I'm lucky to manage 3 minutes).

Anti-hypertensives? - avoid, if at all possible!

Check out the ROX flow coupler, as a possible alternative to bp meds.

• Posted

Just curious, but what procedure did you follow from the 1.25mg dose to nothing at all? As the tablets are too small to cut in half. Did you just go from 1.25mg to nothing, or take one every other day etc?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.