Bisoporal

Posted , 5 users are following.

Freaking out! Everything that I have read about stopping this medication has been awful. I take it for HBP and palpitations. Also the thudfing heart beat. I have been taking this medication 5mg a day for three years religiously. However, we just had a baby and I thought I had taken it this morning and did not. Now my heart beats hard every time I get up and move around. Will I be okay to just wait until morning and get back on schedule?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Good Morning to you, I would ring your GP and get advice or call the pharmacy and speak to the pharmacist! I quite often forget to take my tablet in the morning, and take it later on as long as you remember as long as you remember to leave the next morning a little bit later the next morning and then the following morning after that back to normal times! Try not to worry but do get professional advice. 

I take a lot of meds now throughout the day and set a reminder on my phone as it is easy to forget if your busy and especially with a new baby as they have priority! Do some slow deep breathing exercises may help in the meantime. Best Wishes 

• Posted

Shame .... that was 10 ago.  I hope you are OK. As someone said just 3 hrs ago calling your GP would be a good thing to do.  Of course it was Sunday, but any local supermarket pharmacist would have helped.  I use the Sandoz brand and it tells me to 'Take the normal dose as soon as you remember and then carry on with the usual dose the next day.'  It also says (in bold) 'If you forget to take Bisoprolol fumerate DO NOT TAKE A DOUBLE DOSE TO MAKE UP FOR A FORGOTTEN DOSE'. 

Hope that helps and that you are now OK.  Take care.  Kind Regards, Denise.

• Posted

My apologies as it came up on my newsfeed this morning about 10.30 am so presumed it was this morning, I am in UK so is this a UK or American group? Hope all is ok? 
    • Posted

Hi, no news from Bennett .... hope she/he is OK.  I meant to say that she/he first asked for help 10 hrs ago and of course you very kind replied and I followed.  Yes, this is a UK website/forum.  Sorry, for poking my nose in, but just so that you know it is the UK .... everyone seems busy at the moment, but I saw this drop into my email box.  Kind Regards, Denise.
  • Posted

I agree with the other comments.

Every person will react differently, so I'm just throwing in my story.

Been on Bisoprolol for about 10 years, and when my meds were not available the longest I stayed without it was 2 days, and then I just went on with my normal 2,5mg per day. No side effects, but I took everything sloooow and calm.

I have experienced Ectopic heartbeats(also known as PAC or PVC) that feel a lot like AFIB.

• Posted

Hello Everyone!

I made it through..... That was not fun at all.  Heart rate hit 160 at one point.  Breathing and taking it easy worked out and I went back on the meds today.  I do feel a little sluggish but I think that may be due to the anxiety + heart rate last night.  

I did see that this was a UK forum.  Honestly, I liked the posts better than the US forums that I could find. 

Thank you all for your replying, it is great to know that there are others out there dealing with similar issues! 

• Posted

Hello Bennett

So glad you are OK now.  If it's one thing I've established this year, is that providing we actually go on the PC and access our emails, everyone is here for each other.  We're all in the same boat, one way or another.  I wrote before to say what to do (from my leaflet), but meanwhile when you get a moment, either check yours .... if you can find it amongst all the text, or check with your pharmacy.  But, in case you can't remember my reply, it is recommended - on my drug sheet, that should you forget to take it, take it as soon as you remember, but never take the missed dose with your next dose, as that doubles it.  Take care.  Kind Regards, Denise.

• Posted

Hi  Bennett

Good to hear that everything is OK.

I have found that skipping one or two days is not the end of the world, but it is not recommended.

A fixed routine is always a good method, but I know.... Life get's in the way.

Ive had days that I cannot remember if I took my meds in the morning?*&%$?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.