Bisoprol

Posted , 2 users are following.

Thanks for that, what about Ramipril is that the same I think the have more or less the same side effects. Don't think there is very much aftercare for heart patients i visit yearly to have my medication checked tell them every year about whats going on but I feel it falls on deaf ears

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I’m still taking 2.5 msg rampril...off the betablockers as I’ve said. All the bad side effects from the betablockers have gone.... except a bad back..! I’m trying to lose weight..then maybe stop the rampril as well.

I know exactly where you are with your GP. I’ve had the same issue....even the cardiologist did not listen. My husband was with me and he would second that, I explained how I was feeling, asked was it the a fib, was it the medication....no answer...I was told by go...this is the med for a fib...and that was the end of my question...dismissive. The cardio...just gave me additional..med..ie...digoxin. And told me not to go to France on holiday. When I asked the reason...he said...because we have your info here and we are better! So...I left the hospital upset...still on betablockers! No reason given plus digoxin. 

After doing research on digoxin...it needs to be monitored to get the dose right...and it can be toxic. I decided not to take it and discussed it with a new gp who agreed that it was my body and my decision.

So...these Meds do work , can be life saving , no side effects for many....but they’re not for me. 

It’s a case of one size does not fit all....just wish all gp’ s understood that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.