Bisoprolol 1.25mg

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi guys

Anyone else have tiredness on such a low dose? I sit down and that's me.....no energy ....have to sit down to do jobs I once used to sail through.

😴

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I felt like a zombie on 1.25mg.  I now take half a tablet each day and have done for a while now
  • Posted

I use a knife to cut mine. It is fiddly but a pill cutter didn't work as well

• Posted

I was put on 1.25 Bisoprolol, overnight it turned me from a very fit person with a lot of get up and go, to a drunk exhausted zombie who could no longer feel his lungs working and had to remember to breathe. Turnd me into an old man overnight.

So I cut my tablets in half which was enough to stave off my VT, but after a few weeks, I was found semi-conscious with a pulse of 42 after the oxygen which had brought me around, so I wonder what it was before the oxygen. So they took me off beta blockers.

That was January to February of 2017.

I have been off work since, Bisoprolol has permanently affected me, and I am not the only one here.

Took the longest time to get the NHS to listen to me, they tried fobbing me off with "its anxiety", hardly, when I always feel in some sort of drunken stupor.

I had to learn for myself that beta blockers block adrenaline receptors in the Autonomic Nervous System, every one of my symptoms is a symptom of a disrupted Autonomic Nervous System.

I discovered that one of the causes of Autonomic Neuropathy is beta blockers.

One of my cardiologists finally listened to me, and referred me to an Autonomic Neurologist who said I have Autonomic Instability. As this is incurable, I am currently going through the process of medical retirement.

My life pretty much ended the day I took Bisoprolol, I pretty much just exist now. 

• Posted

Hi Peter so sorry to read this.

It seems we are all in the same (ish) boat where this tablet is concerned.

I've never had to sit down to play tennis with my son but it's got me!

Really hope you'll pick up soon and find something that may help you

It make a me so cross that we are all struggling on such an awful drug and no one truly understands

All the best x

• Edited

1,25 is not a low dose.

It is a lower dose compared to the highest doses like 10,0 Mg.

But a difference between 0Mg and 1,25 is very big.

Analogy would have been, imagine someone saying: I haven't drink too much alcohol.

He might have said: I drank only 2 beers, that's nothing, I shouldn't feel any consequences.

Well, 2 beers is not enough compared to 10 beers.

But 2 beers is still a lot compared to 0 beers, if you get me?

Further, some scientific tests have shown that Beta blockers have the highest impact from 0 to 1,25 Mg.

For example:

If your heart rate before drugs was: 80

At 1,25 Mg dose, your HR will drop to: 65

At 2,50 Mg dose, your HR will drop to: 60

At 5,00 Mg dose, your HR will drop to: 55

At 10 Mg dose, your HR will drop to: 50

So, you see, a drop from 0 mg to 1,25 is from 80 to 65 heart rate.

So, 15 beats per minute.

While a drop from 1,25 to 2,50 is only 65 to 60, which is 5 beats.

So, a jump from 0 Mg to 1,25 Mg is more or less equally as strong as a jump from 1,25 Mg to 10,0 Mg.

The thing is that even on the lowest dose (1,25Mg), you are getting "a base amount" of drugs which will do everything needed.

And all larger doses are only minor improvements in effects.

So, 1,25Mg is not a small dose.

Even on that dose, you get roughly around 50% of a maximum effect which you could ever get on this drug.

So, even on 1,25, you can get every possible side effect.

While I was at 1,25, I had these problems:

1. being tired

2. dizziness

3. breathing problems

4. getting tired and breathless after 5 minutes of walking

5. sleeping a lot

6. nightmares

7. anxiety

• Posted

Hi Bob thank you so much for this it's very informative and very interesting. You are spot on with what you're saying. Personally I've never had anxiety but boy I have it now not bad but still anxious about things o shouldn't be.

Hope you're going on ok x

• Posted

I had some arrhythmia and I was allowed to stop taking Beta blockers.

I was taking them for 2 years and I managed to quit in the 2nd attempt, but I had to wean off slowly for around 8 Months little by little.

I was allowed to stop take them.

If I'll have to go back on them one day again, I will again try as many different drugs possible.

I tried Bisoprolol, Atenolol, Metoprolol, Nebivolol (3-4 different kinds).

For me personally, Nebivolol was the least bad in terms of side effects.

On Bisoprolol, I was tired and I had breathing problems, plus it affected mood, anxiety, sleeping and other mental behavior.

Nebivolol (Bystolic) caused dizziness and some breathing problems (but less severe than Bisoprolol).

And it hasn't affect my mental state.

My cardiologist told me that I could try a different class of drugs, called Calcium channel blockers.

They work the same, but have different mechanisms and different side effects.

So, regarding Beta Blockers:

1. if you NEED to take them, try ot experiment with different Beta blockers, maybe some of them will suit you more

2. if you don't need to take them, try some different classes of drugs like Calcium channel blockers or wean off totally from drugs, if you are allowed

I am off drugs for the last 20 Months, and I feel happy and fine.

But again, you never know what will happen in a 1, 5 or 20 and whether I will need to go back on drugs from some new health reason.

But again, if you need to take drugs, try several different drugs if your doc is willing to help you, until you find the most suitable one.

If you want to wean off, please do it slowly like:

Week 1: 1,25Mg dose

Week 2: 1,00 or 1,20 Mg dose

Stay on that dose for a week or two until you will feel stable

Then lower again for 0,10 or 0,20 Mg and stay on that dose for 1-2 weeks.

Repeat the same for a few Months until you come to 0,10 and 0,00 Mg doses.

Drink a lot of water, vitamins, magnesium.

And try some food and tees for relaxation since your nervous system and anxiety will be crazy during a withdrawal.

If you need anything, ask.

Good luck

• Posted

Its scary. I have found exactly the same as the others and I now realise that 1.25 mgms is NOT  a small dose;. I cut it in Does cardicor cause neuropathy? I know statins do.TY
    • Posted

meant to write that I halved a 1.25 mgms tablet but it still floored me.
    • Posted

Hi Bob

I know you havent been on here for a while but I wondered if you could help me. I am trying to withdraw from bisoprolol very slowly but I am now getting these dreadful anxiety attacks. If I stay on a dose for a longer time will they become easier and less frequent until I drop the dose again. Also I am being woken every morning around 3.15 and am unable to get back to sleep again because I think it may be the withdrawal. As you have been through withdrawal I just wondered if you have any ideas to help for which I would be very grateful.

• Posted

can i talk voice with you? my name is Marco here is my number

• Posted

i would like to talk with you voice

would be possible for you to call me at

0412464779? thanks

marco

• Posted

Hi Marco

Has your doctor told you to quit bisoprolol? What dose are you on and how long have you been taking it. It is not advisable to stop bisoprolol without asking you doctor if you can stop it.

If you can stop this medication it is advisable to wean off very slowly as you will probably have several withdrawal symptoms or you may be one of the lucky people not to have any withdrawal at all. I have been reducing bisoprolol for 2 months and I am a long way off stopping it altogether. I have many withdrawal symptoms including palpitations, insomnia, headaches and severe anxiety attacks that come from nowhere even though I am not an anxious person.

• Posted

the doctor has advice me to not stop

im in 2.5 mg

i was on 10 than 5

i notice all the side effect that people have mentioned here, but the most severe is my impotence, yes is affecting me on my penis size and erection dysfunction

i am now on Bisoprolol ( the doctor suggest me to get my pill at night before i go to sleep) and Entresto .

so.... im asking my self... what is the purpose in live to have a heart that is ok but being on total depriving life's pleasure?

i have had a lot of stress and use to drink for quite a long time 1 bottle of red wine a day... this is apparently the reason for my doctor of my Ejection fraction went down to 35% when should be pumping at 55% at least.

now i stop drinking my heart is going well

but im

confident i could stop, of course not all together... what should i do?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.