Bisoprolol 2.5mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

After having cardioversion to cure atrial fibrillation caused by highly dangerous drug diclofenac, I was prescribed bisoprolol. Within hours I began to get serious cramps all over my body and aching thighs and stiffness in my lower back. Disturbed sleep also. These complaints carried on for three days so I halved the dose to 1.25 mg. Continued this dose for three more days but started to feel sick and dizzy as well as the other previous side effects. Totally disenchanted with all drugs, for me the side effects have outweighed all benefits. I have subsequently stopped taking Bisoprolol after the worst six days of my life.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The point is, that in any population there will be people who attribute everything from sunspots to the second coming of Christ to something new. The medication is a standard beta blocker, just look at some of the posts, there is every ailment there, bisoprolol cannot possibly be causing all of them, my advice as a bisoprolol taker is get over it and live your life.
  • Posted

i've been taking Bisoprolol 2.5 since January 2013. Recently I've started to have a dizziness. Is that because of this medicine or? Do you know usually how long the patient takes this medicine.
  • Posted

Best to se a medical person but the dizziness may be down to low blood pressure or irregular heart beat.

The dosage of bisop you are on is low but each person reacts differently.

Best to measure blood pressure (take 3 readings over 5 mins)

Do you take the 2.5 all in one tablet or split it into 2 dosages?

I split mine into 3 dosages per day

Sometimes a pacemaker can assist in curing dizzy spells

But you should need a 24 hour monitor to determine the current situation

I have a 24hour monitor every year and as a result of the last one had a pacemaker fitted

Consultant said it would be effective and a better solution than trying different medication combinations

So far he has been proven right

• Posted

Dear "Billhopefull", Thank you for your message. My doctor is in different country where I live. There is no reply to my question. My blood pressure is 70-110. I take 2.5 all in one tablet. (maybe I should split?).

My 24 hour monitor is normal. Could it be related to the brain or nerve? The pacemaker could help..

• Posted

Your blood pressure is within the acceptable range but you really need to take it just before you feel dizzy (easier said than done) - that is why a 24 hour constant monitor will help to inform the medical people.

You could try splitting the dosage taking 1 when you get up and 1 at lunchtime

I assume you take the 2.5 first thing in the morning at the moment?

The solution of a pacemaker may not be the answer. Only a medical person can advise.

But based on 3 of my friends and myself it was

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.