Bisoprolol

Posted , 9 users are following.

Been on bisoprolol for 6 weeks now, 3.75mg does it affect breathing ?

I only seem to get the tiredness but sometimes it feels you have slight asthma .

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Charles,

I have been on Bisoprolol 2.5mg for a couple of weeks after been diagnosed with Ectopic beats. I have been getting short bursts of breathlessness a few times a day, but don't know if the Ectopic beats or the meds are causing this or not. It is very uncomfortable. 

• Posted

HIi guys,

Try challenging your gp / cardioogist to reducing your Bisoprol dosage,  my wife was on 2.5 mg for nearly 15 months with terrible side effects, tiredness, out of breath to name just a few, I got both her gp and cardiologist to agree to halving the dosage to 1.25 mg and most importantly to take it instead of with breakfast to take it at supper time so any effects would mainly be slept through leaving you much more alert in the day time.

Try this and I am certain you will feel a lot better and enjoy life much more.

Best wishes Ken.

• Posted

Is it during the night or 24/7? I was waking up during the night and finding it difficult to breathe. If I got up and wandered round the house for a bit it eased off.

If it is all day you should tell your doctor or cardiologist

• Posted

I have been on Bisoprolol  for many years, but it have not had any affect on my breathing, but tiredness, yes.
  • Posted

hi All, i was diagnosed with Atrial Filibration 3 weeks ago. was put on Bisoprolol 1.25g, , it was then increased to 2.5 following week, 5.00mg. following week , and this week increased to 7.50 this week. I have suffered being breathless ever since I took Bisoprolol , and following the increased Dose to 7.5 yesterday, I developed a dreadful Cough , and today I find it difficult to walk up the Stairs !! I have never been breathless and the AF was picked up at BP check. i know i need to take something to reduce my heartbeat which showed 150 at BP check . however I do t think this medicine is suitable for me . any feedback appreciated .

• Posted

Hi Close...you can see the number of people on these forums who don't tolerate bisoprolol. If you're ok with the idea that you need to take something to reduce your heartbeat, go back to your GP and describe the side affects that you are having from the Bisoprolol and ask if there is a different medication available. I had terrible side affects from Biso....many people don't tolerate it well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.