Bisoprolol

Posted , 7 users are following.

I suffer arrhythmia and taking Bisoprolol 1.25mg for 2 weeks, the last 3 day I have been suffering really bad breathlessness and dizziness  it say in the notes that this can happen. Has anyone else suffered this problem if does it get any better the longer you take the drug

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Yes I take 3.75 for about 6 weeks now and I get breathless,it's as though I have been smoking heavy,,  legs used to feel very week but the last few days they have improved.
    • Posted

Hi Charles thanks for your in put. I'm on 1.25 and I am having both the same both problems> my Dr told me to take when I need it and to it when the side effects get bad the restart in again when i'm feeling better ans at the moment it seems to be workin. I was on a drug called Nebivolol 2.25mg that nearly killed me the side effects with that are wicked. Ta Tom
  • Posted

Presumably you don't suffer from asthma?

1.25mg per 24hours is the minimum dosage I think

If you are uncomfortable ask your GP for an alternative (having explained your symptoms)

• Posted

Hi bill, sorry for the late reply. I have not been to good, I don't suffer from asthma its Arrhythmia and heart failure had quite a few heart attacks and 2 bypass opps 1 in 1984 and 1 in  2004. It does help the arrhymia but i'm not sure about the failure as some times the heart feels very weak.

I see the dr on thursday i will have a good chat with him. 

thanks for he message Tom

• Posted

Hi thomas, I am on 2.75mg bisoprolol and I think they make me feel worse. I have been getting short bursts of feeling breathless like a surge of adrenaline with heart flutters. It does,nt last long but very uncomfortable. I have been diagnosed with ectopic beats. I had a 48 hr monitor fitted yesterday and go back to the hospital tomorrow morning to have it removed. I hope the breathlessness show up on the monitor. 
  • Posted

Hi thomas, I am on 2.75mg bisoprolol and I think they make me feel worse. I have been getting short bursts of feeling breathless like a surge of adrenaline with heart flutters. It does,nt last long but very uncomfortable. I have been diagnosed with ectopic beats. I had a 48 hr monitor fitted yesterday and go back to the hospital tomorrow morning to have it removed. I hope the breathlessness show up on the monitor. 
  • Posted

Hi Thomas, I was on the same dose for about a month and decided to come off it as it was affecting me similarly, that did get better but I was often very very tired and culd not get on with my normal activity. Spoke to consultant and he suggested just use it as a 'pill in the pocket' approach when my rate goes high and rapid. Since being off it I have been much better - it takes about an hour to kick in. 

• Posted

Hi thomas,

Try taking the Bisoprol last thing at night so that you sleep off most of the effects of the drug during the night.

It worked for my wife and many people I have told on this forum.

Regards ken.

• Posted

I tried last thing at night but found no difference first thing in morning seems best for me
    • Posted

Thanks Ken, I am trying that at the moment, had no brethlessness now for 3 days. my doctor has told me when the side effect get bad knock the drug off for a few days and then restart. thanks for your advice

Tom 

• Posted

Thanks to all for replying to my message thay have all been very helpful. I am going to the hospital next week to discuss have a pacemaker for the arrhythmia i will let you know how i go on.  
  • Posted

I am not to good with computers , so I hope I have dont this right and you all got my message
  • Posted

Hi Thomas,

Im from Malaysia, sorry if my grammar doesn't good. Im on bisoprolol 7.5mg a day from 2.5mg, i had a open heart procedure due to valve damage. Bisoprolol is too mild for me, according to Dr. It lower my blood pressure from 120 to below 100, and my heart rate from 120 to 96, but dr still unsatisfied for the result and change to Carvedilol, i will start it tomorrow, hope this will work great for me. By the way, take good care of you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.