bisoprolol

Posted , 4 users are following.

i had an SVT and got rushed into hospital a couple of weeks ago, my heart rate went up to 195bpm, after having many tests and scans they found nothing wrong with me, i still feel lightheaded at night and sometimes find it hard to sleep because im anxious, they have found nothing wrong with my heart scan because i got my results today, should i still continue to take my dose of bisiprolol?

im only 16 and still extremely scared so would appreciate any help

thankyou

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Smantha. Sorry to hear you have been unwell. To answer your question you need to keep taking the bisoprolol until your Dr (hospital or GP) advise you to do otherwise. So it keeps your heart rate within normal limits  plus the advise on taking bisoprolol is not to suddenly stop it as it can make your symptoms worse than they were before.
  • Posted

Hi samantha so young hope you have no heart issues.follow all medical advice i drank and smoked for over 35 years paying little heed to my body.i now have constant af take a list of meds daily not saying my past as caught up with me but given the chance again i would live a cleaner life.you get one shot not saying live in a box just try and live healthy.as i said hope you have no heart issues ever good luck and hope you are soon off bisopradol
    • Posted

thankyou so much i feel loads better in the day its only at night i feel unwell, thankyou so much for your advicesmile
  • Posted

Yes, the Bisoprolol will safeguard you from further episodes but if you do have side effects from this drug, like the ones described in this forum (and not all do experience these) then tell your doctor and he will find alternative drugs for you to try.  I know how awful it is to lie in bed at night (surely the worst time) and get anxious and adrenaline filled thinking about your heartbeat.  Try distraction from this, maybe an earpiece radio (you can doze off if you choose Radio 4 late at night) until your bad experience fades and you feel more confident.  One episode doesn't mean further trouble always, and myy own are often many months apart, now almost a year.  Do you suspect any triggers - something you were doing, eating or drinking, which may have caused a reaction?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.