Bisoprolol

Posted , 4 users are following.

I,m on Bisoprolol 1.25 since feb 4th, does anybody experience insomnia  and feeling unwell, i can,t remember what i felt like before when i had palpitations all day and svt.     I,m waiting for an ablation but i,m not sure i want this procedure after reading peoples comments about how they feel after the procedure.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

At this stage, it is not certain that you are feeling unwell as a result of Bisoprolol, but if you are waiting for an ablation, then don't be put off trying this as a complete cure which is certainly is for some people.  Remember here on this forum, most are folks who don't react well but not so often we hear from the other side of the picture.  I know many people are off all drugs after a successful ablation, which is why they do this procedure.  Some (like myself) are cured for only a short while and the procedure has to be repeated, again probably successfully, but again, perhaps not as in my own case.  You have to give these things a try and be hopeful of a good outcome.  The only certain fact is that if you don't give it a try, then you won't be cured by an ablation (bit like buying a lottery ticket - you won't win if you don't buy one!).  In your shoes, I would certainly go ahead and wait for the ablation to see the outcome and then tackle the Bisoprolol issue.

• Posted

Hi Anne. I'm on bisoprolol 2.5mg. I have never had insomnia, the only symptoms I have is cold hands and feet. I have stopped mine as I have come out of ICU just a week ago after contracting sepsis.

Feeling cold now is the least of my worries, and I am honestly not trying to be or sound funny, but it makes you put things into perspective.

I hope you get the answers your looking for.

• Posted

Thanks for your replies, i think it must be me, i,ve never slept very well.  I seem to come awake after 6 hours and although i try i can,t go back to sleep, it does make you feel very exhausted after a few nights of this.  Is there anybody in this world who feels normal and happy, or are we the pessimists of this world, and is all this connected to anxiety because i get enough of that for any reason.
    • Posted

Oh yes, anxiety plays a huge part once heart problems crop up and sleep is one of the casualties of that - I manage about 4.5 hours and then a further two if lucky but often not.  As I am now retired, I don't now get anxious about it as I tell myself I can sleep during the day if I have to.  Also I now have the radio on softly all night as it is less stressful to listen to that than your thoughts going round and round........

• Posted

Same here, radio on sometimes all night on SMOOTH.   brain seems to be on overdrive too.  I,m retired and nap for about 30 minutes in the afternoon.   Also often have the split sleeping for 4 hours, cup of tea and read then if i,m lucky go back to sleep.

• Posted

Try Radio 4 - it is often so boring it induces sleep!  When completely giving up, I do Wordsearches......  Nights are so long....
  • Posted

I've been taking 1.25mg daily do abt 2 yrs for heart valve problems leading to tachycardia. After a few weeks I began to creep tired and aching all over but this did settle after a couple of months and now I'm not achy and only tired of I do too much. I certainly wouldn't do without them cos I know my symptoms were much worse when not taking it. Shortness of breath slightest walk and esp for g up stairs and just feeling so ill all the time. I'm also now on ramipril and fruesemide daily which I know both help as well. Good luck with the ablation .if it was me I'd give it a try at least. Like some one else has SD most /lots only post the negative aspects of any treatment .

• Posted

thanks!  i have also got a leaking heart valve which was checked 2 weeks ago,its not too bad so they keep an eye on it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.