Bisoprolol

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I quick questions. I have been prescribed Bisoprolol for SVT...to be taken when I have an episode 1.25mg , as I didn't want to take them everyday and don't think I need to! Sometimes i take half a pill at night as i also sometimes get anxiety and insomnia (unrelated to the svt). It's more likely in the end that i take the pills for for insomnia etc...as it help with anxiety (which is the cause of insomnia). Not all the time as I also sleep very well sometimes, so just when I am anxious about a situation..I should probably go to my GP to /check if this is okay..just wondered if any of you do the same and any thoughts on this Seems to work better than sleeping pills...but of cause this beta blocker is not prescribed to me for anxiety/insomnia...mmmm. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I take same medication at the same dosage. I do take once every day as prescribed. I think it makes it easier for the docs to monitor if you take it exactly as prescribed. If you feel it helps with anxiety and sleeping mention this to your doctor and maybe they will be able to offer you something more targeted at the problem. I have tried to use my own judgement on medication in the past and it can lead to confusion about what you have taken when unless you are completely methodical in recording it! Luckily for me the Bisoprolol works very well and after 18 months have had no side effects. SVT episode have more or less subsided and the ones I do occasionally get are no where near like previously experienced. Good luck in finding something that works for you and gives you confidence in it as I do think that plays a part.
  • Posted

You really should be taking the medicine all the time as prescribed, for you SVT. 
  • Posted

Hi it's only been prescribed as a pill in the pocket approach to take as and when i have an episode so not prescribed to take on a regular basis (it's just that occasionally also I take it for anxiety which is not related to the svt and it wasn't prescribed for this which is what I was wondering about..)

• Posted

I too had the pill in the pocket medication and was told to ONLY take it if I had an episoode. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.