Bisoprolol

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I came off bisoprolol last august. I weaned off them myself slowly. I still have a raised heart rate on waking sometimes but also suffer with anxiety, I'm having cbt for that.

dies anyone else have adrenalin problems too? I was fast asleep dreaming away then woke up from a 67 HR to a 121 feeling sick and shaky. It happens quite a lot and I just let it pass, usually get a cold water (by the bed) and just wait.

it's really scary.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

I am weaning very slowly and now down to .55mg and I get woken every morning between 4 and 5am with fear anxiety and body jitters for no reason at all. These dont go away until I have taken my next small biso dose but come back again about three hours later.

I have read alot of people who withdraw from biso have these symptoms.

• Posted

I had been taking biso for about 4 months . I started having SVT. (tachycardia)

When I decided to have an ablation, my doctor told me to stop the med 5 days prior to procedure. I asked him if that was okay to just stop, and he tolde me it was just fine.

Well, it was not fine......

|I started going through extreme withdrawals. I would wake up in the morning with terrible anxiety that would not stop through the day. I believe adrenoline surges early in the morning. \my body just jittered, and my legs were like jelly. I could hardly walk.

But, you see, at the time I did not realize it was withdrawals. I thought it was anxiety. My family doctor put me on a benzo (klonopin) and trazadone for the

That huge mistake put me through a time of incredible days. I took these for about 18 months, and then had to very slowly weaned off, going through terrible withdrawals mostly physical but some mental. I actually went through protracted withdrawal for 2 years after |I stopped.

If I knew then what I know now.............

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.