Bisoprolol & Anaemia

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive had low ferritin for 15 odd years and sympoms recently indicate low iron (sore tongue, chronic tiredness, breathless) but am on bisoprolol. I know its low but had a test and its come back fine?

Coukd the bisoprolol mask iron absorption?

The iron deficiency symptoms are there but GP say levels are higher than ever.

Ferritin was 8 now 40 ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

could be masking it, bisoprolol will make anyone tired tho, even at really really small amounts, I slept years away litterally on this terrible drug. I do believe this drug does effect hormones in your body so I wouldnt be surprised if it did to something to you, my testosterone is down alot and hopefully will come back up after getting off.

• Posted

you need to ask a pharmacist. They're the drug experts.

• Posted

Will definately have a chat with them. Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.