Bisoprolol and a constant dull headache

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I've been taking Bisoprolol 2.5mg for nearly 3 months and I seem to have a constant dull headache does anyone else have this problem and advise would be welcome

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

The first thing I noticed when I was on Bisoprolol was the dull headache that started 2 hours after taking the pill.
    • Posted

Do you still take them and do you still have the dull headache or did you change to something else
    • Posted

I was able to come off them. After a Holter monitor my cardiologist took me off the blood thinner and I cut back the dose of Bisoprolol and stopped it completely after a couple of months.
  • Posted

Hi, my AF has returned after 5 years (had cardioversion in 2011) and my bisoprolol has been doubled from 2.5 to 5mg dose after recent chest pains. Have had a few headaches but main problem is general fog, lethargic and tiredness. Having spent yesterday just sitting and dozing today I am changing my medication schedule from morning to evening to see if that helps.
  • Posted

Hi could you tell me if by taking bisoprolol in the evening it was better for you. I have just been diagnosed with AF and at the momentit all seems very scary , i suffer very badly with anxiety and panic attacks so  would be interested in how you got on.
    • Posted

Hi, I have been taking my bisoprolol at 6pm instead of 10am for the last few days and it seems to have the desired result i.e. not feeling tired and lethatgic during the day. I am going to stick with it.
    • Posted

Many thanks for your reply will try it myself tonight.
  • Posted

Hi. I had to come off it due to headaches and "zombie" state. I was swapped to Verapamil which was better. Following first ablation, i was then weaned off that as pulse had stopped racing, so just on Rivaroxaban now.

• Posted

Hi,  Ive been diagnosed with AF about 5 months ago, i do occasionally get dull headaches. Im on Beta Tablet and blood thinner tab and BP tab, I find i get very tired for no reason during the day and have to stop myself nodding off

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.