Bisoprolol and diazapam

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I take bisoprolol 1.25mg as and when I have palps. I’m having them bad now. But when I take it although it’s a tiny dose it makes me breathless. So I was wondering if I could take my diazepam 5mg to counteract the breathlessness. I’m also flying next week and I can’t get on a plane without my diazapam as I’m too anxious. So does anyone else take both of these meds together ? Is it safe ?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kim

im totally not qualified to advise you,however ive taken this to help me,with no problem,but please remember everyone is so diffrent.

Good health.

• Posted

You’ve taken bisoprolol and diazepam ? I don’t mean exactly the same time. I mean one then maybe another after a few hours. 
    • Posted

ive taken diazepan while ive come off of biso,to help with the anx.
  • Posted

I too took Bisoprolol, made me so breathless etc that I cut the 1.25 tablets in half, they took me off last March, haven't had any medication since.

I still have the breathlessness.

• Posted

its crazy how it affects some worse than others. My Mum takes 10mg and isn't that breathless. I haven't taken one in two days and i'm still a bit breathless, i'm thinking mine could be stress related too. Also i get palps after eating too and they feel more like they are in my stomach as opposed to my chest.

• Posted

I get them the worst after eating as well, and yes they do feel like they are in your stomach, but they are not. I have my own ECG so if you click on the box below you can see these palps that feel like your stomach are actually PVCs in your heart. (well mine certainly are).
    • Posted

Wow that’s a busy ecg. Mine don’t look anything like that on ecg. I have a few inverted T waves. But it’s not spiky like yours. So perhapsmone arnt as strong 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.