Bisoprolol & anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys

Been on bisoprolol 1.25 for about 5 months, previously on 2.5mg for a short time but back on 1.25mg now and started to suffer from anxiety, anyone else had this problem? Previously never experienced this.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi trace,

My hubby was very ill on bisoprolol, he had every side effect possible. You can get anxiety amongst so many other things. Hubby has been off it for 3 months and the doctor said he can still get side effects after all this time. I personally think it is a very dangerous drug.

• Posted

Yes, and it was a nightmare when I stopped it cold turkey to have an ablation done
    • Posted

Oh bless you. It's horrible isn't it. I feel so tired and weak

• Posted

I am still on 10MG and the Anxiety is crippling! 
    • Posted

Bless you. Imomlyon 1.25 mg and it's not great so I can't imagine how you're feeling. Sorry to hear hun x

• Posted

Thank you, wishing you all the best too.

I have been seeing many posts and comments now, it is really horrible stuff 😞

Has anyone tried Nebliet or Atenolol, I have just convinced my cardiologist to try these two instead.. 😀

• Posted

Not tried those. My cardiologist wanted me to try Verapamil 40mg twice a day for 2 weeks then keep.them.as a "pill in the pocket" if needed x

• Posted

Mardi, my goodness, why would you be on such a high dose?
    • Posted

Im thinking to try Nebilet, seems to be less servere.
    • Posted

I had atecent heart attack, well 12 months
    • Posted

sorry typing ... 

I had a recent heart attack, quite massive, repairing the muscle. 

• Posted

No idea hun. I'm not going onto those I'm going to Try bisoprolol every other day in a few weeks x

• Posted

1. if you were on 2,50Mg and switched to 1,25 right after that, then you are having a withdrawal due to going to a lower dose and this is why you have an anxiety.

For example, people who tried to wean of from Beta blockers, will have withdrawal's anxiety while they are lowering a dose.

2. If you were taking Bisprolol 2,50Mg, then stopped and started it again a few Months later and NOW you have anxiety? Well then, Bisoprolol is messing with our adrenaline and this happens often also.

The problems is: if you have anxiety now, you will have even stronger anxiety if you'll try to quit a drug now.

A vicious cycle...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.