Posted , 4 users are following.
Fainted after a really busy shift at work, I didn't get time to eat and had two drinks throughout my shift. When I got home I felt something wasn't right and then fainted to the floor whilst at the table having food.
I went to A&E and blood pressure was low and was booked into AEC dept the following day. They carried out some tests and wanted to run further tests on me; this included an ECHO and a 24 hour heart monitor.
I had the ECHO and had the 24 hour heart monitor fitted afterwards. I got a phone call asking me to get myself up to the hospital a few days later. The hospital told me that the right side of the heart was enlarged and I needed to further tests including 7 day heart monitoring and an MRI. I was dis-charged from hospital with Bisoprolol 2.5mg and advised not to drive.
I had a few bad days where I feeling low because I'm so young (34) and facing my life being turned upside down. The waiting was unbareable, so I decided to pay for the MRI scan. Money I didn't really have. I have since got the news that the 7 day monitor was fine, there were a couple of extra heart beats. The MRI was fine too. However, when I was told over the phone, I was glad that everything was ok. they said that they would schedule a review meeting - but this would take a couple of months. I asked about resuming driving and coming off the meds, the secratary told me to remain on the meds and not to drive until the review.
I wanted to know if anyone has been in my situation? And what can I do? I've put my life on hold for the past three months and can't bare the thought of the waiting for the unknown.
0 likes, 7 replies