bisoprolol.....feeling worse

Posted , 9 users are following.

I was put on 2.5mg after suffering possible svt. Since taking it I can't shift the uncomfortable chest tightness & pressure,  like someone is sitting on it. It has stopped the palpitations though. After my gp finally listened & consulted a dr at the hospital I was told it was likely the svt was getting worse. I was then given 2.5mg twice a day. That was a week ago & for the past 3 days I've felt awful. Ecgs are all fine, pulse abit high & blood pressure fine. Even had a paramedic out this morning as I felt so dizzy & weak along with the chest pain

Gp has now put me down to 1.5mg twice a day & just told me to up it if I need to. I feel like a zombie just want to sleep all the time, feel weak & just generally terrible.

I've neen moaning since I had these tablets that i thought they were the problem but they won't take me off them. I'd rather have the svt attacks as they weren't too bad before. 

Does anyone else feel the same & worse since taking them??

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Vikki  your not alone I had all those terrible side effects on Bisropolol weakness, breathless, tired no energy and feeling generally IlLL all day and every day I also suffered anxiety which made me scared to go places. I can honestly say since stopping them I feel back to my normal self. I've had 2 Cardioversion but reverted back but at the moment I'm back in rythymn. Hope this helps and just reassures you that your not alone.
    • Posted

I've literally been a different person since taking 1.25mg twice a day. Not completely got rid of chest pain but soooooo much better. fingers crossed I can get off them completely
  • Posted

Thanks guys for the heads-up on tiredness. I hadn't linked my depressive-like tiredness with the bisoprolol.  I am 'retired' and live alone; so I just didn't get up on Wednesday. I've just moved up from 1.25 once a day to 1.25 twice a day.

Blessing on you all - and good luck!!

xx PeteG

• Posted

Hi Vikki

I too have been diagnosed with VST 6 weeks ago

And am on 2.5mg of Bisoprolol it has been life changing

I had major issues with this Beta-blockers and have had

Many side effects which are horrible

I now take 1.25mg twice a day which has improved things

I have never had medication in my 52 years on this planet

And boy what an experience

I notice your blog was done 6 months ago and was hoping

You would give me some tips on how your coping and if

Things have improved at all

• Posted

After many tests I've learnt I was mis diagnosed & stopped taking the horrid bisoprolol.

I have since learnt that bisoprolol is the best tablet for svt as it targets it best but I was offered propranolol as an alternative. I never took it but it might be worth a try.

• Posted

Hi all....I have had an awful voyage, please excuse any typos, I had a stemi heart attack in Jan this year, and only just made it to hospital in time....It damaged a part of my heart, had a stent and 4 days in hospital, and I was given an array of drugs incl. bisopropol and clopidogrel..40mg statins....the bis. was 2 a d ay, one at breakfast and one at bedtime....that was swopped to 2 at bed time. after I said I felt like my brain feels like a strangled fog......still having palpitations (all day ) so was given one in the AM and 2 at night, after saying still in a fog, was switched to 3 at night........I spent all my time 20 hours a day in bed, as i felt just awful.....the HA had many effects (or is it the drugs) I cant watch see or read anything remotely to do with illness, any stressful scenes on TV...no medical dramas, nothing to do with health, its all a taboo subject, I can only watch documentaries, , the Bisop attacked my Sciatica , i have very little pain but left foot and right leg are numb, and its ALWAYS worse having taken a bisop /.much worse.....its screwed with my eyesight with blurred vison and my eyes ache, all day.....my appitite has gone, I am now suplimenting what little I eat with high cal. drinks.....300 cals per 200ml bottle. Eating is tough, I just dont ever feel like I want to eat. I used to love sweets and chocolate...not any more...I have eaten 1 wagon wheel in 4 months. I have very slightly shaky hands. I am 77 and had a very active life, doing all the work around my old house, gardening and loads more, now I have to pay somemone to do the jobs I used to do. I am super over stressed and even went to a hypnotherepist yesterday, but to be honest did not get anything out of it.....sometimes I feel like its enough, I cant stand it any more...I take mirtazapine and Zopiclone at night, to give me a good nights sleep and help with getting into all those dark places. I have a pal with C****** and he uses meditation, I have tried that with zero success, I need my mind fed with TV programs either sky netflix or amazon, so long its plain and simple with zero stressful or violent scenes, I will watch things like Judge Judy, its simple, my life is a mess, but how much is it the HA and how much is the drugs...who knows ??????????? This was painful to write.

• Posted

Ye I was on 1....1.25 Bisoprolol in the AM and two at night, awful....feeling very very lightheaded, like a zombie....the tried Carvedilol, 3,75, was so bad after the first I stopped there and then, back on Bisop. now but trying just one with breakfact and one a bed time, all these beta blockers are foul.....I would love an alternative, I cant live my life feeling sh** all day, it also makes my sciatica leg numbness worse, and does little to stop palputations, still get them all the time.......in 2 weeks i get a Defibrillater implant, so some hope with that ??????? anyone out there got any ideas ??????????? cheers Alan

• Posted

Yes and it has also made my eyes tired, ache.....I hate bisop......I want something that does not make me feel awful, I cant live like this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.