Bisoprolol for sympathicotonia

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had chest pains, difficulty of breathing, elevated heart rate and I have been very fatigued since I got my booster jab about two months ago. The cardiologist I saw last week didn't find anything organically wrong with my heart so she diagnosed me with an overactive sympathetic nervous system and prescribed 1.25mg bisoprolol. But after reading a little bit about the drug I am very hesitant to start it. I would be very hesitant to start any beta blocker or blood pressure medication since I'm only 24. But especially the fact that once I start this it can be very hard to stop doesn't make me any more keen on starting. Has anyone had any experience with sympathicotonia and bisoprolol?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

i was put on Propranolol for anxiety. i switched to Atenolol. low doses. I dropped my dosage over five months. that was seven months ago. im still on a small dose of 7mg. I sm suffering extremely severe and protracted withdrawals that are challenging my sanity. I would steer clear of this med. I hope you can find another solution

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.