Bisoprolol Fumarate - becoming accustomed

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello,

I recently underwent a five-hour episode od atrial fibrillation, which led to the arrival of two ambulances and four paramedics.

In hospital I had three ECGs and was given five tiny white pills (Bisoprolol), whihch calmed things down in an hour and I was sent home. Bloods there and my chest X-ray were fine.

My GP has since put me on 2.5 mg of Bisoprolol daily and i've beeen struggling with side effects as follows...

Headache, of the kind you might associate with the Spanish Inquisition! Ibuprofen helped and the headaches are reducing now.

Confusion. It became very difficult to follow a logical, rational train of thought. After chatting on the phone my best friend said, "You are not yourself."

In e-mails to my friend, the spelliing ws atrocious.

Bllurred vision. This has made using my laptop difficult - what with this and the mangled thinking, it's beeen very hard to concentrate enough to read a  book.

Just as an aside, I spoke to a pharmacist, who advised that all this should settle down after  two weeks. 

So, while I take the next six doses to make up a forntight's use, how's everyone else gone on?

I'm finding I'm sleeping well enough and can cope with the chilly feeet and fingers that go with a 55 bpm heart rate.

I've also had another 12-lead ECG (which was fine). Apparently mu full bloods and ESR results were fine, though two others need commenting on - I'll call about them tomorrow.

Finally, I've a cardiologist appointment on the 1st April.

I think it all might be about being 60!

1 like, 65 replies

65 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi there, I am also on 2.5mg Bisoprolol, have been for 3 years now for AF and I still experience side effects, not the same as yours, mine are in the form of excessive tiredness at times, dizzy spells and a heartrate of 48bpm at times which obviously is what is causing the tiredness, sorry to be a doom merchant but that is how it is and you will probably find a lot of folk suffering the same, I was in hospital agin recently for an op (not related to heart) and at one point my heartrate dropped to 46 and I had nurses coming in checking on me every 30 minutes, I was completely unfazed as I am so used to it, if your symptoms continue see if your GP will put you on something else.

I'm 63 by the way, so 60 when it all began.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi davhill! I had a HA last April & bisoprolol (2,5mg/day) was on my medication list! I have not experienced any of the side effects you describe! My problem is with Ramipril which seems to give me Tinnitus at any dosage! I have unilaterally stopped the Ramipril & my GP isn't convinced although he does admit the drug lists Tinnitus as a leading SE! There is a discussion on this site regarding Bisoprolol where I think you'll find people similarly affected by the SE's you describe!

Best Regards

Henbowalker

• Posted

Same here...awful side effects from bisop,though my GP wouldn't change it. Cold feet,hands,blurred vision,puddled head,falling asleep ,couldn't walk far,wobbly legs,backache,weight gain. Oh and my pulse was still high. Eventually changed to atenolol....more of the same...since stopping this completely...3weeks ago...I am looking over my glasses...distance sight is better without the betablocker..no blurred vision. I feel more " normal ".

I've read so much stuff on here. Honestly I've recently found the best article ever on AF. By a cardiophysist. He has AF and does abalation. He gives the latest research on AF. Have a read ,it's drjohnm. Hopefully you will  gain some more insight into AF. I'm not as scared as I was before I read this. I just wish I'd read it earlier. 

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth! Took 2.5mg of Ramipril & got Tinnitus yesterday! A dive off the house roof looked inviting! MGP wasn't convinced but has agreed to put me on an alternative where Tinnitus isn't top of it's SE list! I've stopprd the naseptin because it is making my nose bleed more! Still taking Clarithromycin with no issues! Biso has never had any issues for me either!
    • Posted

At least your GP is going to give you another med! They really are difficult to to get them to accept that this maybe the trigger for the side effects we endure. But, they are general practioners, even the cardio docs don't agree and research hasn't proven one answer? 

So sorry you've got tinnitus again...Nightmare...literally. I hope the new meds give you the peace you deserve. Hope the nose bleeds are improving too. As I said earlier,and now thinking about it....when I had lots of nose bleeds I was taking 10 mgs rampril and 100 mgs bisop. That was in the early years...not had any n bleeds for a long time. It's also a horrible experience. Thinking about you.

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth! Last night i would have gladly dived off a cliff! My friend phoned me From London & because of Tinnitus I struggled to converse! I'm a retired Engineer with lots of High profile projects completed in the UK, Germany, Denmark etc so I usually don't struggle with conversation! We shoot guns together & I like him very much! Tonight? No Tinnitus! Didn't take my Ramipril & told my GP I would rather suffer a terminal HA than go through yesterday again! It is down to the Ramipril! & I intend to go after the "team" that increased the dosage of only one drug for my HA! I'm not rich but I'm not poor either & I am considering legal action against two Cardiac Rehab nurses  who said "you do my head in!" & another who said i was "a lost cause!" I visit the solicitor in the morning with the recordings & relevant documentation so if they read this they should worry!

Other than that! How are you doing?

Henbow

• Posted

Just a further thought Elizabeth! Besides the Ramipril I used to take 10mg/day of Atorvastatin! Now increased to 80mg/day & both have Tinnitus as SE's! I;ve already suffered the muscle cramps from the statin!
    • Posted

No tinitus....I'm so happy for you. Looks like you may have spotted the cause. 

You are right to be angry with the treatment/ care given. I've had 5 years of that! My Gps haven't got time to listen,only one who has since left. I'm so reluctant to make an appt...the trust has gone! When I asked one of my Gps about changing the bisop...her reply was.." This is the one for A/f so what do you want me to do". I repeated my request. Reply was exactly the same! I left the surgery so upset and no change to meds! Not good enough...I'm scared to make an appt and it's over 12 mths now since my last visit.

Shocking statements from so called professional nurses. They are accountable!

I don't take statins,although it was suggested a couple if years back! It's a nice recommendation too! However I watched...trust me I'm a doctor" and 2 eminent docs gave their views. Of course it was up to the viewer to draw their own conclusion. It was the previous programme not the most recent

its horrible to have to make your own decision on health but as you know,it's not an exact science.  Good luck for today and take care.. 

• Posted

Nearly all the so called medicines that are prescribed to us by doctors have side effects some more horrific than others. Some like the toxic effects of fluoroquinolne antibiotics do not go away after stopping the medication but can result in further illness and disability for years. These medicines are pushed by pharmaceutical companies whose raison d'être is not to cure people but to make lots of dosh by having them on medications for life that suppress their symptoms often at the cost of giving them a new pile of symptoms for which they need -guess what?- more "medicine". Scandal after scandal shows that many of these drugs are pushed with data that has been "massaged" to show a benefit that is greater than the reality and to hide as much as possible negative sides such as horrible and sometimes fatal side effects. More and more evidence is coming out about how dangerous statins are and how the "benefit" has been greatly exaggerated. But all these drugs are enormous cash cows for the pharmaceutical companies.

I was admitted to hospital last August with a very fast heartbeat and was told I was in afib. I am convinced this was a result of taking Ciprofloxacin and did try to tell the doctors. To no avail. Iwas put on 2.5 Bisoprolol twice a day and felt so awful I told my husband if I had to take this for the rest of my life I did not wish to live.

Luckily my GP reduced it drastically and now I am off it completely. I am still suffering tendon pain, costochondritis and peripheral neuropathy as a result of the Cipro poisoning. There is nothing the medical profession has to offer for this and I can only hope that with time it will diminish- unlikely to completely resolve at my age of 63.

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth! I believe it was you who initially pointed to Ramipril as a cause of Tinnitus! You really mustn't lose faith in your GP! They are under extreme pressure caused initially by Andrew Lansley's stupid bill & now by the smiling assasin, Jeremy Hunt, trying to see it through! You just know when that numpty smiles he is lying! I am now on 2mg/day of Candesartan Cilexetil thanks to my GP! I'll update you if the Tinnitus returns although I don't think/hope that it will! Just need to sort out the nasal congestion which incidentally is also a SE of Ramapril! My nose bleed seems to have stopped! It was leaving pink stains on tissues after blowing my nose! I have also stopped Atorvastatin 80mg/day which I believe, in conjunction with Ramipril, was causing my Tinnitus! I will ask my GP for an alternative or reduced dose! Before the HA I was on 10mg/day & can't understand such a big increase since my Cholesterol was under control already! I'll keep you posted! Regards Henbowalker
  • Posted

Thank you for your replies. all.

It strikes me that as is usually the case, side effects form a profile all of their own...we're alll human beings equipped with the 'hardware' but the side effects vary hugely.

Less than an hour after taking my first 2.5 mg  Biso, I fell asleep in front of the TV for two solid hours - and this hasn't happened again.

My take is that, as the headaches are abating and I'm typing this now, it may be possible to accommodate this drug better, after the two weeks have passed,

Fingers crossed - being taken stupid on a regular basisi doesn't agreee with me!

• Posted

Davhill! I wish you well! And your right! No two people are alike! I have suffered from Ramipril but not from Biso, I'm pleased to say! Don't take any rubbish! Any doubts talk with your GP! They are normal people although I consider mine to be a friend as well as my GP! He takes the time regardless of Jeremy Hunt & that is why getting an appointment with him is on a par with getting an audience with the Pope! He is very popular & very, very Good at what he does! Give it time! Read my post if you want an insight into a very angry HA patient!

Best Regards

HenboWalker

• Posted

Just by way of an update, I telephoned another pharmacist and she also said that two weeks' taking of a new medication should see the side effects diminishing.

Not so bad a day, today, but for my going very sleepy after taking a Biso at 4pm.

Apart from everything else, I'm under massive stress at the m oment. I've had 18 months of the divorce from Hell.

• Posted

Hi DAvhill! Just out of pure interest how old are you? I'm still taking Biso but I've stopped the Ramipril! Tinnitus had gone but its back tonight! Just so you know I had a heart attack last April & developed Bladder cancer in Feb 2012! I'm have severe Arthritis in my Knees so that I am disabled! Not on any benefits though! I pay my own way in this life! Had the camera in the bladder last Friday! I'm clear at least for another 6 months! Now that, along with the Tinnitus, is stressfull! I'm 72 & "her who must be obeyed" is 66! She's my 2nd wife! Married to my first for 13 years before I found her cheating with another bloke! Married this one in '81! Wouldn't leave her

at any price! She has a lot to tolerate with me & my poor health but she does it!

I sincerely hope you overcome your stress & deal with your reaction to Biso!

• Posted

It's there at the moment but now I believe it's due to Clarithromycin which I've stopped & just waiting & hoping the (D)Tinnitus goes away! Saw my GP yesterday & he took a swab from my right ear to send to lab! My throat is sore & the tissue is pink from from my left nostril when I blow it! He said the ear & nose were "raw!" He also advised that I can stop the Nicorandil now but not the asprin! In APril I can stop the Ticagrelor on the anniversary of my HA! Forgot to ask if I could reduce the Atovastatin though! He requires my BP in a months time to see 

how well the Candesartan has replaced the Ramipril!

How are you?

• Posted

I'm doing ok, except I've really bad lower back pain. I thought that stopping the atenlol would sort it! I'm still taking 2.5 mg rampril. I don't know if AF would be the cause or maybe it's my posture and being overweight! 

Sorry you've got the tinnitus...hopefully the change in meds will sort it! I've not had any tinitus for ages....thankfully. It's just horrible.

• Posted

Forgot to mention! I'm now a fully paid up member of the British Tinnitus Association & bought some sleepphones to mask the tinnitus! They work for me but I don't know whether HWMBO will be able to hear the music>
    • Posted

Hi hendowalker.

It sounds like you've beeen having a bellyful, one way or another. I'm happy to report I've never had tinnitus - it must be a total pain.

I'm 60 years old now (as of mi-May).

For my trouble (I use the word advisedly!) I've the floolwing...

Multiple Scelrosis, diagnosed ten years ago - it always affects my left eye when I get a relapse. I've been lucky - no problems with mobility yet.

Failed Back Surgery Syndrome - this is an irreperable slipped disc. After four spine operations, I have an inplanted neuostumulator (kind of a T.E.N.S. machine) wired into my spinal canal.

My divorce is a battle about property. My wife and I knew each other as teenagers and Friends Reunited brought us back together. Marrried just over ten years and I was always fourth in line after she herself, her adult 'children' - it's no way to run a railroad.

I just had my 11th Biso and have got most of my thinking back.

There is another stressor, including my 5-hour dose of AF. I had a Motability car and it's front suspension broke the other night, causing me to hit a parked car when I lost all sterring control.

Into every life a little rain must fall but I've had better times.

• Posted

hi Davhill! About 50 years ago a very good friend of mine called Angus had MS! Lost all mobility, lived in a wheelchair but ran an office! Took lots of flack over his drinking habits! He liked a dram! Or two! Back then MS was a one way ticket! Didn't have the treatment they have now! Angus was a character to the end! Much admired & very missed! My Tinnitus, thanks to me & not my GP, is no more! At the moment! No Ramipril & I have stopped every drug with Tinnitus as an SE! I know it will return but at the moment I am in heaven! I can't be of much constructive help to you on Biso! It doesn't give me any recognisable SE's but unless you get medical advise to stop it please you must keep taking it!

I'm 72 and a retired engineer with severe Arthritis in both knees & a degree of deafness in both ears! Made worse by my "nasal congestion" that the medical profession have no diagnoses for! But I am still alive & fighting my way back to health! I hope!

Best Regards

Henbowalker

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth! No Tinnitus tonight! With GP's agreement I stopped Ramipril (Cadesartan 2.5mg/day is alternative) stopped Nicorandil!

I feel better already! No Malaise, No anxiety, no headache?

I've stopped, on my own authority, all my other medication that can cause Tinnitus like Oxytetracycline, Atorvastatin, occasional Naproxin for Gout! I will ask my GP if I can cut Atorvastain to 40mg/day since pre HA I was on 10mg/day for last 15 years?

Sorry to hear of your back pain! I am down to 16st from 17st 10lbs over last four weeks & my vitals are now 120/81 pulse 67

average over 4 days! Candesartan 2.5mg/day works for me!

• Posted

So so happy for you. I'll have a glass of wine to celebrate... Just 110 cals approx! Amazing. 
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth! I'm not celebrating just yet! I'm waiting for the lab results on my right ear swab! I still have nasal whatever that doesn't seem diagnoseable by our medical profession either at the surgery or the hospital! I will get to the bottom of it even if I have to have a private consultation! Someone knows what is wrong with me & I want it put right! However the Jura will be coming out around 10:30pm tonight even if the ambulance follows at 12:30am!

Best Regards

Henbow

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth! How was the  glass of wine! My Jura didn't happen! I'm so vexed I just crushed a grape! I have been investigating! Bisoprolol does affect me! Along with Ramipril it has been giving me Rhinitis! My GP hasn't tumbled it yet but i have! All on here! If tthe lining of your nasal passages become "raw" & bleed it's down to Bisoprolol! If your also on Ramipril same message! What I don't understand is why are two "beta blockers" necessary? I am just recovering from Tinnitus which I have proved almost conclusively was caused by Ramipril But I have been complaining to my GP & the ENT  for weeks about my nasal congestion & runny nose! I need look no further! The Ramipril is history & the BIsoprolol soon will be! Now where did I put my cheque book & solicitors phone number & where can I find the Cardiac Rehab team address? Just found the bottle of Jura! Cheers everyone!
    • Posted

Good to hear from you. I've raised my glass to you,wishing you well.Amazing what a bit of research can do! By the way biso is the betablocker and rampril an ace inhibitor. Have a nosey on the web. SOZ about the pun!

I know that a lot of the stuff on the web is subjective,but some of it can make sense. I've had no tinitus since the rampril was lowered to 2.5 mgs. Again reflecting, both the biso and the atenolol have given me so many unbearable side effects. My b p seems to be ok and my pulse, much the same as when I was taking the meds.

It's now got to be weight off...increased through inactivity caused by the lethargy/ bisop! 

I must say stopping the betablocker was difficult,even though I've done it over a year! Withdrawal effects have at times been horrendous. One day I was so dizzy , my husband had to help me walk..to the loo even was a challenge. Next day I was back to being ok. Just be aware and do your research..and ask that lovely GP of yours. 

Looks ikei need to raise another glass of wine....tonight! Take care...great news. Hope others will benefit.🍷

• Posted

HI Elizabeth! If your an Engineer! Engineer don't try to be a Doctor! Ouch! I'm right about the Biso & Rhinitis! It's in the leaflet that goes with the medication! In my case the Rhinitis, according to the lab report, is down to a fungal infection! I've been given a one off Fluconazole 150mg which my GP thinks may cure the ears & nose! I HOPE!

No Tinnitus today! I get an occasional scary whistle which disappears in seconds thank heaven! The Jura last night was great!

Best Regards

Henbow

• Posted

Enjoy the Jura tonight...you deserve it. Hope you continue to feel better. Cheers and bottoms up.
    • Posted

How's the tinnitus? I've had a shocking couple of days. I couldn't remember if I had taken my rampril on Thursday! Later that afternoon,my head was feeling a bit strange...lightheaded/ headache. When I got up the next morning I was so dizzy. My husband had to take me to the loo! As the day progressed,I started feeling a bit better. I'd taken my meds that morning. Today,I'm less dizzy,headache gone ,just a bit lightheaded. I hope this gets better as the day goes on. So if this was rampril withdrawal ,then how on earth will I ever be able to get off it! I think I will have to stick with it,until I have the courage and time to take it on. Problem is that we do childcare with our loveable granddaughter 3 days a week! Finding a time slot isn't an option at the moment. How are you getting on with no rampril?

• Posted

I just stopped it dead after taking 7.5mg/day since April 2015! What withdrawal symptoms? Ramipril wasn't just the cause of Tinnitus for me! It gave me anxiety, palpitations, malaise & a general feeling of being out of it & unwell! Also stopped Nicorandil at the same time & in 6 weeks time will be stopping Ticagoril! My ear & nose problems are still with me! The Flucanozole obviously didn't resolve that but I see my GP on Monday! Other than that I feel a whole lot better than I did! My wife has commented on the change in me! Says I'm more like I used to be! I'm still on Biso which doesn't cause me any problems that I know of! Are you sure it it is withdrawal from Ramipril! At 2.5mg/day I wouldn't expect to have any at all! With the replacement ,Candesartan, I think my dosage needs increasing but no noticeable SE's!
    • Posted

Really don't know if it's the rampril ! It's difficult to find the info! I found something that said the withdrawal can give you the same as the side effects,which included lightheadness and dizziness. Just hope it's this. BP and pulse seems ok! Fed up !

• Posted

Sorry,sent message before I could say that I was sorry that the ear and nose continu to be a problem. These drugs may be life saving but some can mess you up. I think I'm just intolerant to biso,atenolol and rampril. I've already had a bad withdrawal from prothiaden...years ago! And I'm allergic to penicillin. Maybe I'm just crazy! Take care. 
    • Posted

I too am allergic to Penicillilin & have to take Erythromycin as an alternative! Unfortunately Erythromycin is listed as being Ototoxic & can cause Hearing loss & Tinnitus! A Pharmacist friend of mine has warned me against looking at the side effects of medication & avoiding it if it isn't good! He's probably right when he says you need to take extended dosage to get the real scary SE's! I think 10 months on Ramipril is extended! And qualifies it as "scary" for me! Don't get fed up! Don't let it beat you! Go see your GP & tell him how you think it is before you ask for his opinion!

Since getting rid of the Ramipril I feel more upbeat! I'll resolve the ears & nose eventually! I still have traces of blood in my nasal passages but will have to wait for GP's exam

• Posted

Good you're more upbeat. These meds can change your personality. They've certainly had an adverse effect on me! Much better though now I'm off the betablockers. This is only a temporary blip! I need to get up and get sorted. My friends are coming for dinner and so I've not managed any cooking. Good job I've got a great husband to help. 

Oops forgot...must be losing it....I forgot the rampril on wed not Thursday! Bit better though,Thursday morning wasn't brill! 

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth! Don't get fed up! Go see your GP! Ask the questions! Just got a call from mine regarding Fluconazole & it's non effectiveness! I have just collected the Mkii version even though I have an appointment for Monday pm! I have an appointment with Dermetology at my local hospital, Monday am, for laser treatment of a bleb on my nose because I won't give in! They'd forgotten but I hadn't! Think on! It's bad enough getting old but it's worse being discounted!
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth! I have searched extensively for "withdrawal symptoms" for Ramipril! I cant find any & the only warnings related to stopping the drug is to replace it with an alternative! Although one guy on here was told to stop by his GP but no alternative was offered? There is advice against getting up suddenly due to the dizziness it can cause & obviously there is the Tinnitus which it appears I no longer have? I'm now on 7days x50mg Diflucan(Fluconazole) for the fungal infection! I have Rosacea as an SE of Testosterone injection every 9 weeks for weight control! That lovely steroid has given RhinoPhyma of my nose

& the antibiotics for the Rosacea give me Oral Thrush which is caused by a Yeast infection & can affect the ear canal & nostrils! For the thrush I normally take Dactarin Gel which tastes of orange & usually does the trick! Must have done an even better job by driving the Yeast into my nose & ears! Well done! If I sound like I'm falling apart I am! Cancer, Heart Condition, Hormone Deficiency, Vascular Deficiency, Nasal Congestion (fungal infection) etc! I should be fed up but I'm also more determined that some body caused this, apart from the Cancer & HA, so they can now help me fix it! I'm off for a wee dram of Talisker!

• Posted

You've just given me a real shock! I too have rosacea. I noticed it on the left side of my face and a little on my nose 4 yrs ago. My doc gave me anti biopics,which made no improvement. I just thought I'd have to put up with it....as I've done. I was taking 10 mgs of rampril and bisop at the time. As I've said the rampril was reduced gradually to 2.5 mgs. I hadn't noticed...but my rosacea is so much better. Since you've just mentioned it here also mentioning to my husband....it is so much better than a few years ago! I've now googled rampril and rosacea. I think I may have found the culprit! Wow! I so scared of stopping the rampril! I did forget to take it Wednesday and I found only a couple of references to the withdrawal symptoms. These include lightheadiness and headache! I'm a lot better today,the rampril levels are being restored! 

The other problem is having a GP who will listen! I dread making an appt. I've had such negative consultations. It's been a case of in and out as soon as poss! I'm not a fuss pot or neurotic patient. I had 100% trust in my GP, who since has retired. I'm angry that none of the docs I've seen have accepted any of my side effects. 

Very happy you've been tinnitus free. This forum is so informative. Best wishes.

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth! Tinnitus is back! Probably because of Fluconozole! My nasal stuffyness also seems a little improved! I've had Rosacacea for around 6years since I started with the Nebido injections! It's a steroid testosterone which I'm told fires up my metabolism, which is slow, to the point where I can increase weight just by sitting still! It did work initially! I was 21st & dropped to 15st! Now around 16st! I gave me Acne on my face & forehead & did nasty things to my nose! Rhinophaema & believe it is called! Having one of the blisters on my nose zapped with a laser tomorrow am & then an appointment with my GP pm to discuss Fluconozole & another referral to ENT! I have been using Oxytetracycline, 4x 250mg/day since April 2015 but now stopped by me! I am back to using Rosex (Metragel) which is less risky! Antibiotics can cause oral thrush which in my case seems to have developed into a fungal infection of my ears & nose! I have had regular episodes of Oral thrush whilst on the Oxytetracycline since it kills the "good bacteria" as well as the bad that live naturally in your mouth causing an inbalance & hey presto! Thrush c/w sore throat, mouth & tongue!

Don't give up on your GP's! They are human, doing a job open continuously to criticism by untrained individuals (us), deserved or otherwise! I write down the things I want to discuss & leave the list with my GP when my time runs out or my consultation is over so that he can "mull over" my points at His leisure! It works for me!

• Posted

Oh dear! Tinnitus! I thought you'd cracked it with the rampril! However,I've read that rampril can cause tinnitus as you're aware of. I was wondering as its only a week or so since you stopped whether there could be a latent effect,I've, still having the side effects. I read that it can take up to 6 months for the effects of rampril to wear off!

I'm a good bit better,still a little dizzy when I first get up. I still have what I'd describe as a heavy head,more like a tension headache. It may be stupid but I'm hoping it was the missed rampril dose. Hopefully when I lose a bit more weight,I can then replan to stop the rampril.

honestly since you mentioned the rosacea,I hadn't noticed that mine was a whole lot better. I'm not one for looking in the mirror or putting on the face paint.! Must be an age thing,but I've other issues more pressing! A/F...um weight...8 lbs off!

Hope your appt goes well tomorrow. Thanks for your post.

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth & Thanks! My pharmacist friend reckons the Ramipril is out of your system completely after two weeks or so! My Tinnitus IS a result of the fluconazole! But as a member of the BTA I know of a "cunning plan!" Listen to a movie or MotoGp race through headphones distracts the brain & reduces the Tinnitus! Wearing my earing aids also helps! Doesn't cure it! But helps to alleviate the "racket!" Before the "lurkers" on here think there is a cure! There isn't! But sometimes it doesn't arrive!

I cannot find any reference to Ramipril "addiction" which is what you must have before you can suffer "withdrawal symptoms" for it! I suspect your dizziness was a coincidence & nothing to do with your missed Ramipril! But I'm a retired Engineer not a Doctor or Pharmacist! I was on Ramipril 7.5mg/day along with Nicorandil 2.5mg/day & I stopped both dead after taking them every day since April 2015! My GP replaced  the Ramipril with 2mg/day Candesartan! Only SE I experienced was feeling a whole lot better  & a reduction in my Tinnitus! But then again i dont have any noticeable SE s from biso unlike most on here!

• Posted

Hi again Elizabeth! My "cunning plan" works! I drink a wee dram or two of Jura! Get the Tinnitus "Nissed as a pewt!" Go to bed & sleep like a BOG!  I mean Log! The Jura has kicked in! Sorry!
    • Posted

Cheers. Hope you slept well. You've found the best remedy. Hope docs appt goes well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.