Bisoprolol help.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Saturday reduced bisoprolol from 2.5 to 1.5 took that to yesterday when doc said no stop. I choose not to as cut it in just over half . Having to stop as I don’t need meds and side effects made me worse.

However since yesterday and now today I’ve had a headache consently it feels but only seems to be mid afternoon on wards. Bp was checked last night and absolutely fine. All though pulse was up slightly. Went back down though slight palpitations.

Is headaches with slight off vision normal from withdrawal? Wearing sunglasses to watch HD Atv

Is slight brain fog (which I had on tablets) Also normal and slight problematic breathing

Did anyone have the jitters, feeling like I could clean the world with slight panic when they start, I presume it’s the Adrenaline Coming back to normal levels.

Had this weird thing too this morning upon waking up I was dream slightly and my brain seem to rewind my thoughts in fast motion is this something anyone else had

UPDATE last night (15/11/18 ) after feeling great all day almost like my normal self but fast speaking in morning

at night my hubby read bp and it read 193/130 pulse apartly 94 i felt fine no racing heartbeat etc yes i did have a migraine, but to be honest we think we set my panic off and read it wrong so no longer reading bp at home

Anyway had unsettled night woke consently and sore like flu but took my half 1.25 (doc said stop right away but im weaning) at 8.00 am took half of 1.25 went to gp (10.40) about headaches and got bp read 132/92 (would this be the pill reducing it,DOC says no)

again i feel just shake and a bit excitable, sun annoys me.

IS this all normal with withdrawl ?

Doc said that half a 1.25 wont be doing anything for me so to just stop but im to scared to

Do i continue with withdrawl programe next stop monday ill cut a bit of the half.

How does a pill do this too us, in just over 10 weeks

(was up at one point to 10mg)

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

Our doctor said when you stop this drug it can take 3 months to get it completely out of the system. As you are still taking it it is not leaving your system yet therefore, when you do decide to stop do not be surprised if your BP is all over the place or you feel dizzy etc., Doctors are quick to prescribe these drugs, but do not know or understand just how dangerous they are.

• Posted

thank you this calms me to know that my bp will be fine and its all down to these devils pills

i would love to stop today but think taper will easy the pain of withdrawl a little or at least prepare me for it

• Posted

I cannot advise you staff to do,but imnon half a 1.25 bisoprolol and the side effects are still there.

Anxiety in the morning, ( I take it at 8.30pm) and usually normal heart rate maybe slightly raised then BOOM, sudden fast bests to 130bpm

Been on them since Dec last year. Weaning off slowly as I've Tried to stop before but heart rate goes up to 140.

Hope you can manage things

• Posted

im the same i slightly blessed ive only been on 10 weeks but its changed me for the worse i hate the palpations and anixety thats why im scared to stop completly i get horrible thoughts of what will happen if i do i know its the pill but common sense has went out the window with bisoprolol

• Posted

yes im still taking it took it right down now cutting the 1.25

i thought it was best to taper slowly but now im starting to wonder

as around three pm each day since even this doze i cant breath my nose is blocked badly and i get werid thoughts like songs playing over and over in my head or pictures of horrible objects appearing in my head (hope i explained them correctly )

im still struggling with dizzyness and that feeling of being out of it i feel no different on half of 1.25 than i did on 5mg

my doctor says the half 1.25 is just a Placebo effect and withdrawl from such a low dose now will be easy

• Posted

i tried some shopping today and almost passed out in tesco or it felt like it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.