bisoprolol or atenolol

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been on atenolol 50mg for twenty years

The last year I have had to have two chemical cardio versions

How horrid they are too

Doc wants to change me to Bisoprolol as she things it might help

I feel fit on atenonol and am terrified that it wont work at all and I will have ghastly side affects anyone reassure me

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

To be honest I've only recently started on Bisoprolol so I'm on a low dose, the worst side effects I've noticed are crazy dreams (not disturbing at all,, rather enjoyable) and a bit of a headache (that responds to a few Paracetamol) so nothing ghastly at all really smile
  • Posted

Thanks for your reply

Can you tell me why you were taking it if you were on atenenol before

• Posted

I'm taking it for Angina caused by Ischaemia, I've only recently been diagnosed, no I haven't been on Atenonol so of course your experience may differ (maybe dramatically) but from what I gather Bisoprolol should do exactly the same thing (and is maybe even better / more selective in it's targeting of the Heart) as Atenonol but with a lower dose smile
  • Posted

Thanks and Good luck
  • Posted

_____

Hi, I am KB, 58, and I have used bisoprolol for almost one year; it did fix my mild hypertension into ideal blood pressure readings and heart beat rate.

I recently realized that my consistent drooling, during last year, in my sleep was because swelling of my tongue and inner mouth tissues which made me unable to close my jaws and mouth during my sleep and hence drooling occurred. I stopped taking the medicine with no substitute drug and the drooling sopped.

I took this tip from a recent episode of the U.S. TV show “The Doctors” in which a patient had a tongue infection for 5 years without luck of treatment only to discover that this is a side effect of his high blood pressure medicine.

Now I am considering switching to atenolol, any tips.

Patient Moderator Note: I have removed an e-mail address from this reply as it is the policy of patient.info to not publish these within the forums. If any user is interested in this removed information they should contact the author via the Private Messaging system requesting such. Thank you for your cooperation.

patient.info/forums/discuss/private-messages-226361

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.