Bisoprolol problems

Posted , 6 users are following.

I thought I was Going mad! No sleep for 3weeks, night panic attacks persistent dry cough, nausea,joint pain, swollen ankles, cold feet, dry mouth and much more! I have stopped taking it. How long do the side effects last ? I felt better off then despite the 160 pulse and the pounding irregulas heart beat. Please give me hope!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You have had a reaction to the drug,  go to the doctors as soon as you can and get checked, sometimes reactions to drugs can last for days sometimes longer it really depends on the person.  I am glad you stopped taking this.  I had a really bad reaction to another drug so I know how you feel,  if you can't get into a doctors is there a healthline you can ring.  Don't know where you live but because it's New Years Day will be hard to see a doctor. Hope this helps, Moira.

• Posted

Hi

Came back from Fance10 days early to see GP, so will go to book in the morning, can'book in Advace here.Bless the NHS

• Posted

Hi Wendy, I was taking Bisoprolol for a long time but did not suffer from those side effects. I would say that it obviously not not agree with you and to ask your doctor for a different medication.
  • Posted

I suffered the side effects from bisoprolol for 4-5 years! I thought it was the a fib . I put up with all the side effects you have listed here,plus more....excessive fatigue. I'd fall asleep during the day....weak legs...found standing for any length of time difficult,walking ....felt as if I had wobbly legs, thinning hair, visual disturbances,dizzy when getting out of bed,Palps improved slightly though. After finding this site I decided to ask more questions from my GP. I've already posted my experiences on earlier posts.

The bisoprolol was changed and I was prescribed atenolol...had same side effects. I've read that if you've got trouble with one beta blocker it's likely that you'll have trouble with another. It may not be true,but I had all the side effects. I've weaned off the beta blocker...atenolol. The withdrawal was awful and took some months....side effects...gone but I still have jittery feeling . No trouble sleeping,BP,is OK,heart rate  still fluctuates, I need new glasses...I can see better without them! 

I'm not advocating that anyone should do as I have done,but I feel strongly that I suffered for so long,trusted my GP.....maybe he was right! However, I'm feeling a whole pile better and feel I've wasted so much time feeling so bad. 

I hope this helps you and you know that you're not alone.

• Posted

Thank you thank you I felt as though I was disintegrating!  I have night anxiety and awful dreams as well. I said to my husband I would prefer Thea and pounding heart to theses side effects
    • Posted

I had horrible dreams too....all gone now! I have the pounding all day everyday....I only dont notice it when I'm in the car! Engine noise drowns it!

I'm still in 2.5 rampril and rivaroxiban. I've a fib all the time. 

I've read various articles on this....latest is to change lifestyle....lose weight etc. If a fib is your problem read up LegacyP11 throws down the gauntlet...or read up Dr Prash Saunders. Brilliant info. 

Take care,I know only too well what a nightmare beta blockers have been for me...others find them no problem. 

• Posted

Hi Wendy I started on bisoprolol end of August 2.5 to start with now increased to 5, to start with I had side effects, cold feet, aching muscles I also take apixaban and digoxin so don't know which one cause side effects or if it's a combination of all. I persevered with it and now feel great. I was taken off digoxin for a few weeks but my pulse rate went sky high again but now back on a low dose and everything's fine. I do lots of walking although it's at a slower pace now (I'me 70 ) walking has helped alot. Hope you feel better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.