Bisoprolol, Propranolol Withdrawl. At the end of what I can cope with....

Posted , 4 users are following.

hey everyone

Well, I need help

firstly let me share that 2 years ago following a viral illness i started to get inappropriate sinus tachy. 130-140 without doing much. Went on 10mg Propranalol and that worked fine until August this year. Started to get ectopic beats alot. Feels like heart stops, brief second, then rush of adrenaline and heart beats again. All in the space of 1-2 seconds.

It feels awful. Its scary.

Cardiologist moved me to Bisoprolol. 1.25mg and i took them but alas, whilst ectopics reduced a little they remained.

I have decided to taper off them and try without. Ive done 4 days 0.6mg and headache went (relief) but today i had back to back horrid ectopics which made me feel so poorly. Sadly i took 1.25mg of Bisoprolol

How the hell do i stop these? Feels like i take them and suffer side effects or try to come off them and feel worse.

Whats the point? Scared. Sad. Not sure what to do.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i have had the same problem, i was put on them in 2018 for svt and ectopics. i didn,t like how they made me feel so i stopped them immediately. i went back on them because i was getting a lot of pressure in my chest in late 2018, they made me feel awful. i have tried to come off them many times but having terrible side effects so back on them i go. i did get used to them eventually but i still feel like a zombie. i don,t know which is worse being on them or trying to come off them.

• Posted

hi i also need some help. i have had the same problems gor about five years but they would come and go but so scary i know where you are coming from i went back and forth havin tests and they said not to worry. i just started on beta bkockers gor last two weeks and i gave havin more than i was before. i am at the end of my tether has i am havin to start back work tommoro after been on furlough. i have rang doctors yesterday and they said try another couple of weeks on the beta blockers and we will review. i have rang again today has ive been so bad with them to be told ring back tommoro has its to late for doctor to get back intouch

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.