Bisoprolol Side Effects

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Everyone, sorry if you're all getting tired of me!  I've had my gripes with this darn drug, came off it, had tachycardias like I've never known before, had to go back on it because Verapamil didn't suit and then - believe it or not I've been praising the Sandoz brand.  Perhaps, I still should in as much as since being back on it - about 2 months now, I've only had lightheadedness once.  However, what happened on Saturday night has lead me to believe that the Bisoprolol is making me collapse.  I have had this before, though this time it was slightly different.  I'm unable to read my ECG (taken with my Prince 180D) and didn't have time to download it before the Paramedics arrived. Fortunately for me, my lovely neighbour came to the rescue also just before I fell to the floor.  Heart rhythm-wise the event must have passed, so there was apparently nothing to capture for the Paramedics.  Anxious to know what it reads, I was told at Cardiac-Respiratory that it was in effect none of my business, why did I want to know, I didn't need to know.  I would have liked her to say she would pass it to the Consultant.  We all know what it's like trying to get an appointment.  Enough said, before I drive you all mad, but I am curious to know if anyone else has in the past 'collapsed' whilst on Bisoprolol - not unconscious, but simply collapsed.  My thanks to you all.  Kindest Regards, Denise.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Denise, sorry for the bad experience with the paramedics, we also just had a bad experience with some I called out for someone having a stroke, don't even get me on that.

Anyway to answer your question about good ole' Bisoprolol, I haven't xperienced collapse while on it but my ex husband most certainly did, we were out (we are still good friends) walking my dogs whan all of a sudden he wasn't beside me any more, he had done a nose dive into the bracken on the common fortunately a soft landing, he hadn't a clue where he was and asked me where I had 'appeared from', he was really dissoriented, his heart had basically stopped beating for a second causing him to collapse, his GP took him off it straight away.

Regards

Phoebe

• Posted

Hi Denise,

I was only on Bisoprolol for a very short time as they made me feel terrible. I didnt collapse but i often felt like i was going to. It got so bad that as im disabled and already have mobility problems that these tablets were ruining my life i every way. I was anxious, had more palpatations, no energy and i was very unstable that my husband had to take a week off work to make sure i was ok and thats when i decided to stop taking them. When you was taken to hospital and they wouldnt tell you anything i think thats disgusting as of course you wanted to know what happened and its your right to be told. Good job it wasnt me otherwise there would have been an unpleasant scene. I am fed up with not beig told anything and just pumped with pills without really knowing what there for that now i question everthing now. I really hope that you feel better and get the answers you need.

• Posted

I was put on Bisoprolol end of December due to VT. I was only on 2.5mg but made me feel so bad that I would cut the tablets in half as this was just enough to control the VT. March 8th at work, leaning against the wall so I wouldnt fall to the floor, a colleague took me to the nurse who could hardly detect a pulse, even after giving me oxygen, when the ambulance arrived I heard them say my pulse was 42, thats after the oxygen which did make me feel normal again. On my hospital report they stated I had anapalaptic alergy to Bisoprolol. They then put me on Solotol which really ruined me for good! 

As for having your own ECG, I have the 180B model, its graft looks just the same as the ambulance ECG shows. I think the medical profession gets a bit worried with patients who are too well informed. Since my ablation I see my ECG showing huge T waves, higher than the R waves, without seeing this from my device, I wouldnt know why I feel so ill and the cardiologists seem adament that they have cured my VT with the ablation. When I saw my GP and showed him my graphs and explainations about T waves he seemed a little out of his depth and simply said he would try and get my next appointment with the cardiologists brought forward.

• Posted

I have been on bisoprolol 1.25 mg for 5 months, I have had some funny moments and feel very tired but it seems to be working, I feel a lot better than I have for a long time when I wasn,t treated. I have had moments when I feel very weird but it passes, nearly collapsed the first few months when my body was getting adjusted. I do feel very breathless though as if my lungs are full of cotton wool.
  • Posted

So sorry that you're having problems with the Bisoprolol tablets.  How frustrating sad  I've been taking Bisoprolol since 2011 starting with a low dose then having my dose increased to 10mg in 2013.  (Touch wood)  I haven't collapsed but, I do have very swollen feet and ankles due to fluid retention as it's one of the side effects of taking Bisoprolol.  I'm wondering if your "collapse" was/is due to low blood pressure?  And, how rude of the paramedic with what she said to you.  You were only wanting to be reassured.  With warmest wishes, Janet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.