Bisoprolol Substitute which doesn’t lower blood pressure?

Posted , 3 users are following.

My husband had a heart attack and they gave him Bisoprolol 2.5mg. Wary of it, he has been taking half the dose every day for about a month. Since starting it, he has been in bed about 12-16 hours a day, has insomnia, a sensation of coldness in the body, painful arm muscles, hunger in the middle of the night and the feeling of general exhaustion. We have been reading the posts in this forum of many others who have had similar experiences. Although all of these symptoms presented precisely when he began the Bisoprolol, two different cardiologists told him they were lack of anima and sent him to the psychologist. He was on Ramapril before the Biso but it lowered his blood pressure too much, as did other heart protectors. Does anyone know of a substitute for Bisoprolol, something hopefully without the debilitating side effects and without lowering the blood pressure? Thank you.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I was on Bisoprolol 10mg but I developed Reynaud's Disease in my hands so the Cardiac GP I have been seeing changed it to Carvedolil but it has not solved the issue. I had a CRT pacemaker implanted on 31/10 and when I went for a check up recently, the Cardiologist I saw then (yet a different one), wrote to the GP suggesting yet another change of beta blocker but the GP wasn't keen to change it so I still have cold hands and feet. I take so much other stuff, it is hard to know what causes what.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.