Bisoprolol -what actual side effects did you get ????

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone

I'm new here and new to taking bisoprolol and literally feel whacked ! I'm 33 and have a heart murmur and an irregular heartbeat. I was put on bisoprolol 2 weeks ago after suffering horrendous palpitations for weeks that wouldn't calm down . And since a week or so ago I feel unwell granted my palpitations have More or less come to a hault but I j

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kelly. I too am taking bisoprolol for an irregular heartbeat. I have been taking them for about a month, and now all the side effects have worn off.

It made me very sleepy, and I also had cold hands and feet

• Posted

Hi Lesley... that's great to know the side effects wore off for you. I've been hesitant to start my prescription because I don't want to feel like a zombie. Do u keep track of your heart rate ? I heard it lowers it a lot and I already have a slow rate that I get concerned about sometimes. Do u have similar problem? I have an arrthymia for the last couple months

• Posted

I just feel generally unwell and not myself I have been very stressed lately ( lost my partner last year and have 4 year old twins ) I just can't shake this sicky feeling I literally can't stand the thought of any food .i feel ok when I'm sitting still it's just when I start being active I feel so strange . Last night I had one hot foot and one cold !!!

• Posted

Hey Lesley when you say sleepy did you feel

Like you were on another planet ? I feel ok when sat down but do fall asleep earlier on an evening I'm normally more of a night owl x I just feel

Shakey inside and so so sick allllllll the time - yakkkkkkkk

• Posted

Hi Kelly I was widowed she 37 I don't know if that is what you mean.   Don't underestimate the trauma of what you are going through.  I was left to bring up my 8 year old severely autistic son on my own.     It took me 5 years to even begin to feel nearly "normal" whatever normal is.    Looking after 2 little ones on top of what you have been through.  That is hard work although I bet they keep you smiling even when you don't want to.  Big hugs and lots of respect for you xx

• Posted

Hi Kelly ... I was prescribed bisoprolol 2.5 mg about a month ago.. have yet to take it for fearing the side effects of low heart rate and extreme tiredness from what I could gather over the internet. Do u take yours at night or morning ? Sorry I'm not much help to you.. but I wish u all the best in feeling better. I have arrthymia for the last couple months ... with episodes of slower heart rate. Can be very scary ! 😩

• Posted

I'm taking mine at lunch time but my nausea is constant even when I wake in the night I still feel sick . I feel like I just want to stop taking it but have read on here it can give you a heart attack 😷😷😷😷😷. I was in atenelol for years I wonder if I could switch back ? Thanks marcey

• Posted

Hi Kelly ... I would talk to your doctor to see if the nausea is directly related to the bisoprolol. Maybe he or she would switch your medication. Is atenolol a beta blocker? I'm new to beta blockers myself.. haven't even been brave enough to take my first pill lol... but I do know DO NOT suddenly stop taking them... wean off slowly with your doctors approval. .. just to be safe 😁

• Posted

I was on it for many years before having problems
    • Posted

My heart rate slowed too much down to 41 sometimes at night and 45 - 47 during the day which makes me feel very tired and sluggish.  I also feel a bit light headed and have poor memory and brain fog.   When my dose reduced on 5 th Dec last year for 6 weeks the symptoms went away but the slow heart rate has come back so it's back to the Drs next week

• Posted

What a major pain ! I took my twins swimming yesterday and found my heart rate to be fairly erratic yet when I sat down it was so so so

Slow the slowest I've ever felt it . My right leg this morning feels heavy and cold feet with pins and needles I'm really not used to feeling unwell at all , I'm normally at the gym everyday and now I feel anxious sicky and generally unwell ?i just can't imagine such a tiny tablet can cause me to feel

This way 😷

• Posted

Kelly... do u regularly test monitor your blood pressure and heart rate? Could it be too low?
    • Posted

I went to the doctors earlier and they have halved my dose , he said my blood pressure was normal . I don't feel as tired at the moment compared to yesterday which I loooed and felt horrendous . Still feeling sick tho shakey and cold ewwwww . I'm also on the mini pill I'm wondering if it's messing with my hormones too much I'm finishing it next week .....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.