Bisoprolol what were\ are your actual side effects ??

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi everyone

I'm new here and new to taking bisoprolol and literally feel whacked ! I'm 33 and have a heart murmur and an irregular heartbeat. I was put on bisoprolol 2 weeks ago after suffering horrendous palpitations for weeks that wouldn't calm down . And since a week or so ago I feel unwell granted my palpitations have More or less come to a hault but I feel so odd , Constantly feel nauseous , really exhausted , Achey in my upper back and down my arms . Shakey feeling inside and generally do not feel with it !!! I'm so active normally with a load of get up and go and can survive on 6 hours sleep but now I feel vile . Has anyone else felt this way ?

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Kelly,

just to understand you properly, when you say 'VT' do you REALLY mean VT or  SVT?

Huge difference and an easy mistake to make. Hope it was the latter.

• Posted

I know exactly what you are going through they put me on it about 5 months ago. The last 4 months have been the worst I have felt in 66 years. Exactly as you described but I also had a severe tickle in my throat that would make me cough till l started getting dizzy. Told th heart dr said I needed a sleep study said no way it could be the medicine. I am here to tell you he was a hundred percent wrong. On my own I cut mg in half for about 10 days then went completely off. I am back to old self. I also was on amlodopine and your never suppose to mix them. I truly thought every day that I was on my way out. Mine was given to lower blood pressure. So on a diet losing weight and pressure is staying down . I feel for you because I know what I went through. Hope this helps, take care

Tom

• Posted

I,m on them,feel terrible and it's affected my breathing. I,m waiting for an ablation.

• Posted

Not from the Bisoprolol, but from the Sotalol they tried me on after the bad effects of the Bisoprolol, I too developed that dry cough right away, so bad that I couldnt sleep for days, went into sickening cough frenzies, no cough remedies worked so went to my GP who told me to stop the beta-blockers, cough went away to a livable extent but is still there if I talk much and so is my poor breathing.

One cardiologist explained that not only do the beta-blockers effect your heart, they also effect your lungs.

I think it quite frightening the way top doctors are recommending these dangerous drugs without having much of an idea of the damage they can do.

My VTs rapidly got dangerously worst in the months I was on Beta-blockers, prior to this I had them for four years and they were just occasional episodes.

• Posted

Good luck with the abalation, they need you to be fully alert for the mapping EP study, so you must have no beta-blockers in your system.

With me, they mapped then did an ablation, then repeated the whole process to be on the safe side.

Be aware that once the mapping is completed, if you ask, they will give you morphine.

• Posted

Hi Ann, you really are having a bad time of it.  Might I suggest you see your GP?  It can affect the lungs, so please do and let us know.  Kindest Regards, Denise.
  • Posted

Hi: I get a bit tired, so I take my 2.5 mgs at 9pm a few hours before bed. I have vivid dreams, and a slight pain in my heart a few times a day, beginning with the first pain about 20 minutes after i take the drug. I do not have the breathing or any other issues that some posters have had - thank goodness - because I was ready to think about ending my life not able to live with horrible palpitations all day long feeling my life was hopeless...What dose are you taking? I was supposed to take 5 mg, but lowered the dose after an ER doc told me I could - rushed to the emerg due to uncontrolled palpitations.
  • Posted

Since starting on 2.5 mgs in December I have put on 10lbs have an itchy sore rash all over, have no energy and my hair has gone thin and lifeless. I begged for thyroid tests which were normal as are all my blood tests. I have seen a dermatologist who said it is eczema, was given happy pills and antihistamine pills which I have stopped as I felt even more lethargic on them. On checking side affects of bisoprolol I have made an appointment to see my GP on Monday hopefully to have my medication changed.
    • Posted

I have just read your post with much interest, I have been on Bisoprolol 2.5mg for over 2 years and possibly nearer to 3 now and have noticed I itch all over but hadn't connected it to the tablets, this has been going on for some time, I don't have a rash but the itching at times on my back, arms and scalp drives me mad, also you mention your hair, well my hair has always been naturally thick and curly but it has gone almost completely straight and lifeless and is thinning, I had put this down to the menopause but quite possibly it isn't all about that, I will be interested to hear what your GP says.

• Posted

Hi i've been on 10mg for years and even as high as 15mg. The initial phase is the worst you feel exausted and in a daze for a few weeks, much like a ssri. I find it evens out quite a bit though and you feel mostly normal after a month or so.

If you are a very active person it will probably take time to get in tune with your body. I find doing consistent exercise even like a 30 minute walk a few days a week really takes the edge off the exausted feeling you can get. Inactivity can really send your heart rate and blood pressure low which makes the tired and nauseas feeling worse ( I know this can be hard to force yourself to do lol)

Everyone will have differet experiences though, so i hope it ends up ok for you also.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.