Bisoprolol withdrawal madness

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everybody,

I have read some stories here about people suffering from this poison drug and it have helped me in some way because I was so depressed and didnt know what is really happening with me. After reading I was calmed down a bit as the doctor even though mentioned something about the side effects, I didnt think it will be so severe. Maybe its not the same case for everyone but it seems that I was allergic to it or something. I wanted to get an advice here, maybe somebody could help. By the way Im 27 years old. So my story :

I got sick of covid on february and straight away something happened with my heart, I was having constant palpitations, which I never had, such a strange feeling that my heart was skipping the beat all the time. So I called an ambulance after which they took me to the hospital to do further diagnostics. At first, the doctor told me I had a heart attack, I got many pills to drink, got some blood thinning medicine straight to my stomach. I was isolated for 2 days in the hospital, have heard many diagnoses which was weird for me and I didnt understand what is going on. The next day they told me I had myocarditis and the last day I got the final diagnose of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. After those few days my covid symptoms and the heart condition got better so I was released to home. After about 1 month of rehabilitation at home I was back to normal me and doing everything I was doing before, working, doing sports, drinking some alcohol occasionally but the palpitations even though rare, persisted, but it wasnt any severe as before. After around 2 months my HR got up to 120, my left hand and kind of all left side started swelling, I got scared and decided to call an ambulance again, they couldnt really tell me what really was to me that time, I got to the hospital, had to drink many pills again and got released from hospital the same night. I think I just had a panic attack that time. Been doing many diagnostics, all of them came back normal except that I am having extrasystoles and that my heart is bigger inside than it should be because of cardiomyopathy. I was still worried about those extrasystoles I was having so after meeting a cardiologist I asked if there is any medication to help me with this and that was the time I was prescribed bisoprolol 5mg once a day as beta blocker and straight away the second calcium channel blocker verapamil 120mg once a day if the bisoprolol will give me too much of side effects. So I have started to drink the bisoprolol and almost straight away I started to have side effects like headaches, feeling very slow, no energy. I have drinked it for 1 week as the doctor told me that the mild side effects should go away after 2-3 weeks. After that 1 week I decided to wean myself off the drug, and stop drinking it. The doctor of course didnt tell nothing about I should wean it off so after doing some little research on internet I have found the info that the dose should be lowered at least in a 1 weeks period, so I cut the pill in the half for 3 first days(2.5mg) , and for the last 4 I drank half of that(around 1.25mg). After stopping I felt ok for few days, the side effects wasnt that bad as when I was on them but after that time I was feeling worse and worse as the days went, was having even worse costant headaches, no energy, laying in the bad almost all the time, couldnt work, I was so depressed, allthough didnt get a too big BP or HR as I read other people here were having it, got it even too low all the time. After around 1 month passed I am feeling much better but still nothing near as before drinking the drug. I am wondering if this will ever go away, the most strange thing for me is that I was taking it for such a short time, but I guess that my dose was too much (5mg).. My BP is always around 100/55 all the time, which was good before taking the drug, I didnt have any problems with high BP. Now after doing some more activity I am having short periods of tachycardia, or something like that, irregullar fast beat looking like AF.. Sometimes it looks like I am short of breath, especially cant take hot weather now in summer. Also few weeks ago insomnia started and its always hard to sleep at night. Also the anxiety almost all the time is taking loads of energy from me. I am wondering if I weaned myself off too fast or if it just made my heart condition worse and if its possible that I will ever feel the same again as its taking ages and I am worried about it. Thanks in advance. I wish everyone who are in the same withdrawal from these drugs to feel better soon..

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi! i' ve experienced the same effects after Covid in february . started bisopronol 2.5 and stopped after 6 weeks due to side effects . not feeling still myself after 6 weeks since i've stopped: still having days with high HR for no reason, anxiety sky high and a lot of neurophaty symptoms : numbless in my fingers, muscular twitching an internal tremor, etc. wandering if you're experienced this also.

i'm sure it will resolve with time, just taking one day in a road

• Posted

Hi Alint, sorry that you are experiencing this also and I hope you start feeling yourself soon again. I read stories that it really can take some time for that but lets hope that those good days are coming soon and I also know how much anxiety and problems this gives..

I do also experience some muscle twitching sometimes and some internal tremors especially inside the chest but Im not sure where is this coming from, as I was feeling those tremors before I started these drugs. I feel that my withdrawal symptoms were quite light comparing to others on this site, but they were still quite horrible, couldnt do much things, couldnt work, I think I will loose my job soon also as its hard to keep through the day. The strangest for me is that my symptoms got 1 after another, at first days I was having very big headache, no energy, too low BP all the time, (which is strange but like I mentioned before starting the drugs I didnt have problems with BP, therefore I dont think I needed them at all). Then after some time, my head got better, my blood pressure is slightly better now, but now even that overall I feel better, it looks like Im having other, more of heart problems, high and irregular HR sometimes after some activity, periods of shortness of breath without the reason, some muscle twitching, my muscles also feel that they are very tired. It looks like everyday I get some different symptoms. I got a bit better in overall anyways so Im hoping I should do good, maybe I just need a few more months or more to feel something more like me again. I really hope that its coming from the drug withdrawal, anxiety makes me think of many things lol but anyways I could say that I was feeling quite healthy before starting the drugs and never had such feelings in my life so I think its still these drugs that ruined me like that. I also hope that I dont need to come back on them again, I just dont imagine myself drinking them for a long time and feeling like a zombie, Im so young and before them I was completely different and overall much healthier. Sorry if I do any mistakes or if its hard to understand, English is not my native language, but Im trying to do my best. Started to research deeper in the internet and there is always some more good information in English. I hope you feel at least a little bit better from your last reply!

• Posted

ive had all your synotoms while trying to withdraw from Atenolol. Hell on earth

• Posted

im so sorry for tour suffering! I have been trying to get off Atenilol (beta blocker) for a year now and it has been absolute torture. Mist doctors dont acknowledge how difficult this wuthdrawal is. I have extreme abxuety, chills, headaches, burning sensations, gut cramps, agutation and note. It looks like you are sevsitive to these meds like I am and having bad withdrawals. Feel free to write to me if you have any questions

• Posted

Hi ,First I hope you are fine, I don't want to scare you because like you I only took it for forty days ,i was in Bisoprolol just two months I was taking 10 mg ,Because my blood pressure is a little high, and it was the worst day of my life. I became like an old man. My body shivering, cold feet, dizziness, dizziness and ringing in the ears. I stopped taking it only after two months of using it. Loss of energy most of the time, foggy head and dizziness sometimes I feel better, but the adrenaline in our bodies is rushing with force. I give up and I have no solution but to take vitamins. I do not want to be negative, but I am afraid that it will not come out of my body. I am 39 years old, I admit that the tinnitus with time has improved, I just feel With a band in the ear, but ringing in the ears. Note: Do not ask the doctor, because it will worsen your condition. Do not use any medication. Pregnancy and time will end this despicable drug that caused me anxiety and incomprehensible fear.

16 months after stopping this drug and the symptoms still persist

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.