Bisoprolol withdrwal

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have stopped taking the beta blockers bisoprolol. How long does it take to feel normal again?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I haven't stopped bisoprolol myself, but I have heard anywhere up to 7 week.

what are your side effects? you do not feel normal on Bisoprolol?

• Posted

when I was on bisoprolol 5mg I was lethargic short of breath tired sleeping alot and put a stone on in 12 months. went from 12stone 5 to 13stone7. in Feb I had open heart surgery and a pacemaker fitted week later. stopped the beta blockers the day after my OP and am now 12stone 4. They are really bad beta blockers full stop

• Posted

Over two years and I'm still waiting.

The NHS are no help, they claim its a pure co-incidence that my feeling like a drunk zombie started the day I took Bisoprolol .

• Posted

I was told to just stop it 5 days prior to attempted ablation I asked if that was okay. Of course he said no problem

It was a big problem. I went into such anxiety with several physical symptoms. I did not know at the time it was from the biso.

|I was then put on trazodone and klonopin ( benzo)What a nightmare. After about 18 months, I then had to wean off these 2 drugs. Hardest thing I have ever done.

If I knew then what I know now.............

• Posted

Theresa this drug is a dreadful drug, having had much experience with all drugs ending LOL give you same problems. other drugs like Nicorandil - Candesartan - ace inhibitor - Nebivolol

these are some of the problems iv had with all these drugs

Chest Pains

Worsening angina Severe

Blurred vision

Very severe stomach Pains (GAS)

Very painful joints every joint from ankles to my fingers

Muscle cramps

Weakness

heart failure and I feel that these drugs caused the heart failure

Swollen and tender gland left side of throat, when i stopped taking the drugs all the problems went away

All these drugs just turned me into a geriatric old man.

I'm now taking Amiodrone 200mg each day again and now back to normal and have been since 1995 and i'm fine except when they change and give me these other drugs. The Doctor at the hospital wants me to stop taking the Amiodrone but i have refused as I don't want to go back to the state they put me in,

Amiodrone gave me my life back.

• Posted

Theresa to add to what Thomas wrote Olmesartan is another bad drug. My cardiologist also told me to just stop the bipoporul but you read all over worst thing you can do.

• Posted

Thank you for all your replies. I have been off the bisoprolol for 3 weeks and really don't want to go back on them. I had a general anaesthetic back in January 2019 and when I woke up had some sort of reaction and left with me with a fast heart rate. I was put on 2.5g and after having tests there didn't appear anything wrong with my heart so was advised by the doctor to come off. My heart rate is resting at 69 but jumps up quickly. When brisk walking it up to 128. I'm a 50 year old generally fit person but the last two days feel quite bad palpitations.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.