Bispropol

Posted , 7 users are following.

Started 5mg daily 4 weeks ago for heart rythm problems which i have had for 30+ years. Prior to bisprolol was on propranalol which was treating symptoms ok until recently. Saw cardiologist who did the usual 24hr and 7day monitors also had heart scan which picked up a few heart rythm disturbances but was told nothing to worry about so just learn to live with it! Easier said than done. Never had to take much time off work with symptoms but have had to be off for past couple of days because I have felt so awful. Got up yesterday and my face was flushed and felt like it was on fire. Felt like the whole of my insides were shaking and legs like jelly. Also BP was quite high. Wouldnt mind but I had only been to GP on Tuesday and told her I felt ok on the meds so any comments guys on whether you think its side effects or like me am hoping Ive picked a virus up and its just nothing to do with tablets. Do I persevere and hope my body gets used to the Bisprolol. Any advice gratefully received 🤞

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hate to worry you further, but could it be that the Bisoprolol is doing this?  If you read the forums on this subject, you will see that many could not tolerate the symptoms this drug produced (including myself) and an alternative or even withdrawal was the solution.  Do mention this to your doctor.
  • Posted

Well l expect you could persevere for a week or so, but my opinion would be to change medication if you can. I am on Bisoprolol 1.25, have been since 2017 and am currently weaning myself off...very slowly. The side effects for me were too much. Anxiety through the roof, nervous,jittery,foggy brain,flushed face, stuffed nose and not wanting to do anything or go anywhere. But of course everyone is different and this drug affects people or not at all. So why not just wait and see how things pan out for you but also be aware of possible changes and if things don't improve, go back to GP. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Christine. These side effects only started yesterday that is why I am uncertain if it’s the meds. I’ve been on them for a month without much trouble so am a bit unsure. Don’t want to bother Dr if it turns out Izvestia just picked a virus up. Been ok up to now so am in a bit of a quandary!
    • Posted

Well Sue why not wait awhile just to make sure it's not the actual drug but perhaps a virus? That way you can be sure especially if you feel hot and really ill with the virus. If you're no better or worse in say a couple of days,well definitely go back to Drs. Fingers crossed for you it's a virus cos that can be sorted more easily.

• Posted

Hi Christine yes that’s what I thought especially since I’ve been ok up to now. Thanks
  • Posted

I wonder if this is withdrawals from your previous med.    

When I stopped biso cold turkey to have an ablation done,  I had severe withdrawals from it.

You never know........

• Posted

hi Lolasmum I had a week of symptoms coming off the propranalol. Ablation has been mentioned by my doctor. How did you go on with it and can I ask why you had it done
    • Posted

Hi Sue.

I had an abation attempt June /16.  I was told I had AVNRT.  No biggie.....I came off the biso 5 days prior.  He was not able to activate my heart, and thought that was because I was on a benzo at that time.  He told me that he would try again but I must be off the benzo.   I only went on the benzo because I had so much anxiety from the cold turkey from the bis.  I did not know at that time that this was biso withdrawal and kinda put the anxiety down to now having tachy. So I spent 10 months coming off the benzo and also trazadone.   That was a nightmare, and even though I have been off those for 4 and 5 months, I am still going through withdrawals

So I went for the second attempt Jan/18.   Again thinking it was AVNRT.

But when he did the study, he found out that it was not AVNRT, but was AT.  This required a 3D mapping machine that was not set up that day.   And the procedure is suppose to be different too.

Now I am going back May 7th....

Geez, when will this ever end.......

• Posted

Sue, the side effects don't start right away.

When I was taking Beta blockers, some side effects would start after a few days, some after a Month and some would start after 2-3-4 Months.

Everything is possible.

Some side effects will kick you after a few days and some will creep in slowly. 

I was also feeling as if I had flue for Months, while I was on Bisoprolol.

As I was sick all the time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.