Bit anxious about it all

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi sorry for all the questions I’m about to ask. I’m 29 years old borderline obese and my last blood test came back normal for blood sugar I believe it was 5 (something) whereas before it was 5.6 which doesn’t make sense to me as I didn’t make any improvement. Also my total cholesterol and triglycerides were both slightly elevated both times. I’m really worried about developing diabetes or having heart attack one day. My diet is quite poor I think. I eat quite averagely a lot. I have a fair amount of carbs on most days like bread pasta or rice. 2 days of the weeks I find myself ordering a pizza takeaway I’ve tried so many times to stop them but now I’m starting to think it’s just an addiction. It used to be once a week but after stopping them and going Keto for a while I fell off the bandwagon and started ordering more. As I say my blood sugar was normal last time. Is this really bad what I’m doing? I eat maybe 2-3 portions of veg a day on average. But probably 25% of my calories is coming from pizza atm. I feel so guilty every time I order. Does blood sugar get worse with age? If not then how does prediabetes turn into diabetes? If my bloods are normal but I’m overweight do I have anything to worry about? Many thanks in advance 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

being over wgt affects more than just blood sugar and overall is bad for your health so in my opinion, even if your bloods are ok but you are over wgt then it would be better to lose some wgt to bring it in line with what is classed as normal - good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.