Bit of a blip & Looks Like im allergic to Orlistat!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well all was going ok until Sunday, when for no apparent reason I decided to buy a box of mini battenburgs :oops: , 5 ina box and within 5 minutes all were gone :x , why I did this I dont know, really should have had some nasty side effects to teach me a lesson - but nothing.

So today I decided I would not weigh myself and wait another week, but the itching and scratching has got worse ive not changed shampoo, washing powder and dont have nits, so after a brief consultation with my Dr ive got to have a blood test to determine as to wether im allergic to Orlistat. Just my luck that would be, if I am not sure if I will be allowed to continue, im scratching myself to pieces, until it bleeds. I will be so upset as I thought these tablets would really help get me back on track with losing weight. sad

Will keep you posted.......

Gillypop x sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Gillypop

It seems this weekend was the weekend for falling off the wagon.

Dont get too disheartened. The itching might be something completly unrelated.

I know you've said it's not your shampoo but it might help to change it now to something softer, especially if your scalp is sore and/or you've broken the skin.

My hubby suffers from Psoriasis on his scalp and when it flairs up he uses good old baby shampoo. It's really mild and doesn't have as much \"stuff\" in it.

good luck and let us know how you get on with the blood tests

sam x

• Posted

My other half has it on his scalp too.

T Gel shampoo can be useful also.

Hope ur prob is something simple.

• Posted

HI, I've been on orlistat for three weeks now and I keep getting itchy patches as well so would be good to hear how you got on with your test. Hope it was good news !
  • Posted

Well done on your honesty. I am sure it is something we have all done at some time, but dont all admit to it!

I hope you dont find you are allergic, but even if you are the dr may be able to give you something to counteract the itcy side effect. I know he did with a friend, (though it was a side effect to a different drug)

best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.