Bit the bullet & took it..

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well after 8 days of delaying this med &;getting lots of answers off you guys.. I took it last night at 7pm omg I felt off my face for about 4-5hrs ..same sort of feeling as I did with sirtraline. . There was no way I was gona sleep..felt really stretchy so gave in an had a sleeper. I'm feeling a bit weird today but not bad. I hope this wears off pretty soon tho?? ..noway am I taking it in the morning .. thanku all 😉

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

You can only do what feels best for you, but WORRYING about what the drug will do to you is not going to help, in fact it will make you feel worse. Could you resolve to take it for a week and then decide how you feel? These drugs do take a few weeks to settle down, but it all depends how you feel about it. So my advice would be to try not to worry about it and give the drug a chance, if you can. But everyone is different in their response.
    • Posted

Hi pixie I'm giving them ago I'm not feeling bad today ..just a bit spaced bt expected. Doc wants me to make an appointment for 3weeks so it's had a chance . Thanku 😊
  • Posted

Hi, Well done anyway for getting round to taking it, it's probably more scarey for you as you have a small child to think of. I always worry about managing to get to work the next day if trying new meds-thank goodness for weekends and bank hols! As I am having such problems with insomnia taking it and the doc prescribed amitritilyne, I took the first one last night and was awake half the night as usual!
    • Posted

Hi thankyou. . As the days passed I'm feeling more normal .. bt gona take the nx soon.

It's like a vicious circle isn't. . You fix 1 thing & there's always another to sort.. I was on trazadone for years because of my insomnia came off while I was preg ..had no intentions of going back on them. So have had a tough time now trying to get the mix right. My pdr gave me zopiclone bt my gp doesn't line giving me them 😕

• Posted

Glad things weren't as bad for you as you feared starting the medication.

I always found Venlafaxine 'energizing' and so take it of a morning (M/R)

I do go through bouts of insomnia but I use the Z drugs for that. I'd ask your Psychiatirst to have a word with your GP if they're trying to put obstacles in the way of getting your recommended medication.

• Posted

Thanks Mike .. my gp is great it's the phyciatrist that isn't very nice. .thinking of asking for a change if this med isn't good for me... think iv had a sleeping pill every night the past week tho .. I think maybe when it's in my system properly I may start taking it in the morning at the moment I feel to strange on it ..
  • Posted

Hi Sharon,

How's it going with the Ven?

• Posted

Hi staz it's not to bad thanks .. decided to take it at night which I'm glad because I felt off my rocker ..following 3 nights all good.. anxiety gone ..not getting to sleep til 3-4am been taking sleeping tabs most nights
    • Posted

Are your sleeping tabs zopiclone or similar? I take them VERY occasionally if I'm still awake at 1 or 2am, but i haven't needed them recently. My GP would only give me 28 tablets because he said you can soon get addicted, that was 5 years ago and I've still got 17 left! I find that a warm bath in the evening helps me to relax and get sleepy so that helps.I also take a low dose of Haloperidol at bedtime, which is a non-addictive tranquilliser.
    • Posted

Hi yes just 7.5mg I havnt a clue why I was prescribed that out of all the meds there must be. My doc doesn't like giving them I have to keep asking I Gt 14 at a time. I'm like u I wnt take them until after 1 it's getting silly tho .. 3 & 4 am..
    • Posted

Glad to hear it Sharon.

I'm down to 3.75mg mirt now and and I intend to be off of it by next week. After a year of mirt on and off I just want to feel un medicated for a few days as I'm convinced the mirt had turned on me. Then it will be a question of starting the Ven if I need it.

• Posted

Oh good good staz..u no what that's how I felt too..Iv never had so much crap going on before on any meds . Iv never had to research before. I wanted my head to be med free too ..gave it 8 days then started ven.. I feel pretty ok on it ya no..
    • Posted

Hi staz I'm doing OK thanks..had my last 37.5mg last night so double up tonight. I feel fine in myself I havnt much appetite ..still taking zopiclone tho.. struggling to sleep bt that may have something to do with family crap I'm going thr. .I do seem to be feeling stronger tho.. how are u doin?
    • Posted

Hi Sharon,

Sounds like you are on the up which is greaty news.

I'm doing ok thanks. Down to 3.75mg of mirt for the last few days and no bad reaction as yet appart from the odd bad headache. I've not started my Ven yet and won't until I see my GP next week.

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.