Bit Worried - Rashes on hands and feet

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone

I am a little worried and wondered if I can have an opinion.

About three weeks back I got very drunk... and during this time I was approached by a sex worker. Much to my shame and dismay I consented to oral sex (although I stopped her after about 10 seconds).  As I was about to walk away she bit me and appeared to smack her lips over where she had bitten. Next day I noticed a small break in the skin where she had done it.

Last week I had an STD test and am awaiting reasults. I did some research and have seen that the chance of HIV is minimal from the oral sex... but the bite is a distinct possibility if she had sores in her mouth.

I have had mild nausea whilst in the car. I have had insomnia, chapped lips and recently a rash has appeared on the palms of my hands and feet with little white painful blisters on my hands (although it’s already starting to subside). I also had a dry mouth and the need to pee more but again this has subsided. My pubic area is a little itchy but not really irritating. A very small rash has popped up on my back.

I have checked the symptoms of early HIV infection and I have not had any fever and don’t feel ill, my glands are not swollen, I don’t have night sweats, I don’t feel tired or have a cough and haven’t lost weight or have a bad tummy, in fact I have whacked weight on.

I know I should wait for the test results but I am very worried.

I have suffered psoriasis before and am prone to stress and anxiety, just the timescales seem to fit with the ones online.

Can anyone help with some advice please?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It's unlikely you'd have picked up an STI even if the sex worker has one, and your symptoms don't really seem to match any STI but if you got tested last week, you should have the results in the next few days.  There isn't much you can do in the meantime, so try not to worry about it.

HIV isn't as scary as it once was either.  If you google "rather have hiv than diabetes", you'll find an article by a UK doctor saying that he'd be a lot more worried about diabetes as the outcomes are worse.  Most people don't worry about diabetes though, even though it's so much more common.

• Posted

I know the chances are slim but I only noticed the rashes last night and went into panic mode. It will wreck my life all for a drunken mistake... not what I would want on my headstone!!!

Been doing nothing but research since last night ,it seems that the kind of rash, especially with the white spot parts, I have can be caused by a plethora of things.

It’s odd actually but there is almost perfect symmetry to each rash on left and right.

If the STI test come back negative will have to go back in three weeks (they say a six week test is normally conclusive). If it’s not one of those it’s either Stress Hives, Psoriesis or Diabetes. Really hope it’s not the last one.

Thanks for the response 

• Posted

Could you show me pictures of the rash ? . 3years ago I got syphilis from a sex worker and the symptoms was generally feeling unwell kind of like the flu and I noticed I had little red spots on my hands and feet. Good thing is if it is that then don't worry too much as antibiotics will take it away. Other thing is I think it takes about maybe 6-8 weeks to start showing these kind of symptoms. Also I'm pretty sure you won't have HIV as it's very uncommon to get that through oral sex. Try and not worry too much as it makes you think you have everything under the sun. Anyway hope this has helped 

• Posted

For one don't worry about hiv

I had sex with my ex who was bi had sex with a promiscuous man and shared needles with him too but i came out negative and it wasnt protected since we were planning on getting married never happened so thats why i decided to test. Hiv negative but its a reminder to always have safe sex. About the other stis you just got to wait for them and even if you did catch something youll just have to take meds for like 2 weeks and your good nothing like catching hiv

You can go ahead and do an hiv test but you got to let at least 3 months pass

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.