Bitter Taste in mouth no matter what I eat

Posted , 6 users are following.

Now my symptoms seem to have worsened. While I am waiting for the doctor to give me an ultrasound (appointment is for April 14th) I have been noticing lately that my mouth tastes bitter. No matter how many times I brush my teeth or eat something minty it is a mess. My breath stinks and I cannot even breathe properly anymore. The last doctor I saw said that it could be a gallbladder problem because of the chest pains, shoulder and arm pains, and also the brown urine and hard stools (sorry). Has anyone else had this problem when diagnosed with gallbladder. I am becoming more and more convinced that I could have heart problems as well due to all this.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi yes I have all those symptoms just be careful if the pain gets worse and if your urine goes orange it could be a blockage in your bile duct I had that over Christmas check your eyes for a yellow glow too I'm having gallbladder out on 10 April hope I will feel better after I get heart palpitations too and anxiety it's not nice hope you feel better soon good luck xxxxx
    • Posted

OH MY GOD!! My urine did go orange.sad It keeps getting darker with each day that passes on this blessed earth. The pain can be terrible but it has never worsened. So worried right now. Thanks so much for the feedback.
  • Posted

If your worried hun go to gp and ask for a liver function test its a simple blood test will test the levels and will be able to set your mind at ease sorry didn't mean to worry you xxxx
    • Posted

Have already done so and blood tests have been done waiting on results. I have booked for a scan too, which only happens in April. I know you are only being helpful jojo so please don't feel bad about the info you gave me. Glad to get some feedback.
  • Posted

Hi my mum had similar symptoms just watch out for jaundice my mum was admitted to hospital feb16th as her urine was really dark she had severe pain in her back and under ribcage also stools were pale sometimes they thought it was the gallbladder after many scans mri and cts sadly it wasn't the gallbladder it turns out there was a blockage in the bile ducts which want good news hope your ok good luck xxx
  • Posted

Hi Tamsyn, I'm sorry to a bearer of bad news, but it sounds like Mirrizzi's Syndrome.

That is where the gallstones become stuck in the join of the bile duct and gall bladder. When I had it I went totally yellow (jaundiced) my urine was alsmost black and my stools were hard and grey. The pain will come from the bile duct area as nothing can freely pass through it. Mention this to your doctor as this is quite a rare thing and a lot of the hospital staff had never heard of it. Good luck with the ultrasound, If nothing shows ask them to do a CT scan, as that really shows it up

they can even measure it. Let me know how you get on.

• Posted

Well I have already sent for blood testing. I don't feel too weak and I haven't got jaundice. Urine is just brown in the mornings and getting browner. Stools are hard but not grey.... or even pale. It's nuts. But the doctor has insisted that it may be my gallbladder. Have already mentioned that my iron is brown but doc doesn't seem to believe me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.