Bizarre intestinal issues following fungul infection in gut

Posted , 4 users are following.

So a few years back I ended up getting a fungal infection in my gut from drinking kombucha. I was put on fluconazole and everything seemed to be fine. I took garlic supplements and went to the sauna continually and every seemed almost normal. Ever since I had the infection things are not what they were. When I have coffee in the morning I don't have that same urge to have a bowel movement. Even when I go, it does not come out like it did before. It is thin and there is a lot of straining usually. Some time there is no straining but it usually is always thin looking. I have taken probiotics to no avail. I have tried numerous supplements with no help and I seem to be getting worse after almost 4 years. Oddly though, a couple years ago I tried a ketones drink with the essentia water and I had the best bowel movement of my life. Although I tried that same supplement and water again and again and nothing happens. I also suffer from depression and when I took that ketones supplement my depression was lifted almost all of the way . I felt a weight physically lift off my brain and I felt clear headed. I had more mental energy than I ever had in my life. Again though the supplement only worked that one time. Bi have a feeling that me have that bowel movement and the ketones making me feel that way mentally are related. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be ? That day I took the ketones my bowel movement 100 percent normal and I had a huge urge to go, just life before I had the fungal infection. I was put on fluconazole for 3 weeks. I have no symptoms if it anymore except with the problems having bowel movements and them being thin and being bloated . Any ideas are appreciated.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Had same issue and ate yogurt and probiotics. Worked like a charm after watching diet .... no sugars , fried foods, or carbs. Eating lots of fresh veggies adding fiber and add protein in drinks and smoothies and  lots of berries. It's all about the balance of the foods you eat to maintain good gut health. See diets for good gut bacteria on this site. There's lots of web sites too! 

• Posted

Did you have intestinal issues from a fungal infection specifically or just in general? Also. Not sure why the ketones worked that one time and one time only

• Posted

Had terrible intestine issues.it took about three -4 weeks to see improvement and also keep a journal of foods that cause issues. This will help when you see your doctor. I could not eat lettuce, peas or skins from veggies or fruits. Even eggs were a issue. Then once the tummy flora balances out then can slowly add by dairy and other offending foods. 
  • Posted

Maybe your gut flora is disturbed; see your doctor.
    • Posted

The enitre point of these boards and this thread is that I have seen a Dr and have taken things to kill bad flora and increase the good. Oh wow , see a Dr. Why didn't I think of that ?

• Posted

Are you sure the ketone drink had exactly the same ingredients the second time and hadn't been reformulated even slightly.

• Posted

Yes it was the exact same. I have tried dozens of those same packets and ones that are supposed to be even stronger multiple times to no avail. This confuses me as I don't understand why it would work that one time but not others. Considering that it was my 3rd time using it and that was the time it worked is odd as well. Why wouldn't it work the first 2 times ? Just so bizzare

• Posted

The reason why I was suggesting seeing a doctor again is because, you are still having thin bowel movements and feeling bloated.

• Posted

Maybe you originally had a mixed fungal infection and the Fluconazole killed most but not all of them.  It's broad spectrum but doesn't kill everything.  Maybe the remaining fungus became quickly resistant to whatever is in the drink.  You could try some antifungal supplements containing Berberine [Oregon grape root], Undecylenate, Grapefruit seed extract, Enteric coated peppermint, oregano, and thyme etc... and see if that helps.

• Posted

I meant enteric coated oils of peppermint, oregano, and thyme.
    • Posted

I just bought some black seem oil. Hoping this help as it's supposed to help with inflimation

• Posted

So the black seed oil doesn't seem to be doing anything. I've bought more probiotics as well. Does anyone have any idea what else to try ? Please don't say go to a Dr . I've already been.

• Posted

I am sorry to say, if nothing you are doing is working, you will need to ask your doctor for advice. They are the experts. If you have not had luck with one doctor, see different ones until you get help. I tried all sorts if things to help my stomach pain and nothing helped, so I saw my doctor but got no help for three and a half months.  I didn’t give up and kept going back on eight occasions and saw different doctors and kept getting tests, some of which I asked for.  This strategy paid off for me and in the end I got answers.
    • Posted

Try a good daily dose of Berberine [Oregon grape root] and/or Grapefruit seed extract for a week and see if that makes any difference.  That should at least suppress any fungi or pathogenic bacteria.  It's possible you could be dealing with a virus if none of that helps.

• Posted

I bought artichoke extract. Considering I'm still taking black seed oil I'm going at it from both angles. Honestly have no idea what the problem is

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.