Black/brown spots on my glans area

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I am circumcised. Few months ago I noticed 2 black spots similar to little moles on the head area of my penis. First I thought it could be mark of  any kind and would go away after few days. But surprisingly there is no sign of going away rather I have noticed a few more brown/black spots appeared around the head of the penis. Although they don’t hurt or itch looks harmless to me. But still I am worried why suddenly they are coming on this area? Are they turning into anything sinister in future? Please help if anyone has similar concerns.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

They are spots of melanin. Totally harmless . Often occur if you are dark skinned or have dark skinned ancestors. 

As with anything...if you are worried do see a doctor.

• Posted

Thanks Marina Dee for your kind reply.  Did you say melanin? Hopefully not related to melanoma, right? These are confusing terms that freaks me.  Anyway thanks for your reassurance that they are harmless.  But I am worrying because they keep coming. First I had appearance of two now I found 5/6 with one very  near the tip.  And also I closely observed they are not raised they are flat and bit different from the molses because of their elongated shape not circular like moles are. Hopefully nothing sinister and go away if these are melanin. 
    • Posted

The "mela" is a prefix from the Greek which means "black",so can be applied to all sorts of medical conditions and other everyday words.  If these spots have a definite outline then they are probably OK.   If they start to have a ragged outline then its time to see your doctor.     They probably wont go away,like a mole.

Maybe it would help for you to see your doctor. They are used to looking at these sort of things and wont mind at all.   If you are over 60 and/or have had many sexual partners then it would be advisable.

• Posted

Thanks Marina for your kind time to respond me. You seem to be very knowledgeable. I am in my 40. I don’t have many partners. The spots are elongated bit of oval type. I can’t understand whether ragged or definite outline just long mark looking like coming from underneath layer of the glans skin  as I circled them  here.  
  • Posted

I  couldn’t upload pics  from my iPhone.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.