Black chosh

Posted , 9 users are following.

my doc has suggested Black cohosh, has anyone tried this and how did you find it?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ruth will that stop the break through bleeding ? 
    • Posted

Not sure wha you mean, I am peri but still having regular periods.
    • Posted

So I can be in peri and still have regular periods? I know this, but good to have reaffirmed.
  • Posted

Hi

Do some research on black cohosh, it has some specific side effects...I am not a fan...

Regards

Polly

• Posted

Hi 

be careful with black cohosh it can damage the liver 

Google black cohosh  and liver damage ..

or side effects - then decide if its right for you personally

its not for long term use in general 

i always take Maca 5.1 capsules have for years  .. Even then you need a break off them every now and again .. 

jay x

• Posted

I discussed vitamins and supplements with my Dr. He didn't have too much to say generally about them but he was very vocal about black cohosh. He said it was best avoided.
  • Posted

It gave me really bad palpitations! Thought i was having a heart attack! I stopped it and was fine.

Im using Starflower capsules. Plenty other herbal products to try. Just a case of finding whats best for you.

x

• Posted

It did nothing for me. I used menoforce (sage) for hot flushes, worked like a dream for about two months. I now take menopace, calcium and magnesium which I think helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.