Black dots under the nail bed.

Posted , 2 users are following.

got a few black dots under finger and thumb. any ideas guys?imageimage

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

They are splinter haemorrhages. Called that because they look like splinters under the nail. Not harmful in themselves but if you continually get a lot of these then you should see your doctor. Can be a symptom of other conditions.

• Posted

thank you for the information. what other conditions are these linked to?

• Posted

If you get these a lot , especially in all your nails then sometimes it indicates a blood clotting or heart disorder. However, dont scare yourself witless thinking you have these conditions. If you are concerned by multiple "splinters" and they havent been caused by trauma to the nail then do see your doctor.

• Posted

thank you. i have spoken to the doctor a lot about these. i have had several blood tests but no one has looked at them physically. i shall speak to them monday, thank you.

• Posted

this is another nail. cant figure out what is causing this

• Posted

my doctor believes it to be psoriasis due to there also being pitting on some nails. Could this cause these features

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.