Black flashes in vision , is it a sign of blindness?

Posted , 3 users are following.

latley over the course of around 1 month I've been getting these weird flashes in my vision at first it was at only night but lately it's been starting at afternoon, please help!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,I dont know your age,but if you are older,look up posterior vitreous detachment. This is not the same as a retnal detachment and is common as you age.
    • Posted

Have you recently ben hit by a baseball etc. This can also caus a pvd,you should go to an optomotrist or opthmologist and make sure you dont have a retnal tare etc Xx
  • Posted

henry,either go to an optician or go see your doctor ASAP.  You need this to be identified and treated before it becomes worse.  As you are an addicted gamer it would be wise to give the gaming a break until you get this sorted. 
    • Posted

I'm trying now by having only having a few hours per day on bright screens but most of the day on s lowest brightness iPad 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.