black line in big toe nails

Posted , 4 users are following.

Big toe nail in my right leg shows a strong black color line in 4mm size. I am having this black line for the last six months; previously it was a simple line only but appears in two places in the big toe nail on both legs. I thought it indicates some deficiency in our body or indication of some disease. I have discussed lot of doctors but I am not convinced. What it may be? How can I cure this? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It could be a few things, the worst possibly being a melanoma, I would definitely want a few opinions if I were you, in case it’s cancerous.
  • Posted

If doctors have already looked at it, it is unlikely to be melanoma but just benign. Have you any trauma to that nail at all? Also is it vertical or horizontal? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.