Black mold on shower head got into vagina

Posted , 4 users are following.

6 months ago, I had prolapse surgery which failed.  Scheduled for more surgery on May 10.  Rinsed off surgical area ( vaginal..... with showerhead that had black mold.  I didn't see the mold on the shower head until after I bathed.. Washed and rinseds the vaginal area again. Now I have some bright blood with small black specks on toilet paper and in toilet.   Please give advice.  Anyone? Matron?   Matron?  I am scared to death!  Please someone respond.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hello dorothy. What probably happened is that the mould has caught the vaginal wall and caused it to bleed. The vagina is a 'self cleaning' area because the vaginal secretions lubricate and clean it so there's little chance of an infection or any serious damage. Sit in a warm bath and let the clean water clean your vagina, unless you have a bidet of course. 
    • Posted

Thank you for responding. Matron. I cannot get in and out of a bath tub from a sitting position, due to two knee replacements.  I don't have a bidet.  I feel relieved that you said the vagina is self cleaning.  Any other suggestions would be appreciated.  My husband cleaned the shower head, but the thought of using it to further wash is scary, in case some mold is left.  You are so valued.  God bless you!
    • Posted

I don't know if this would work but a bowl on the toilet that you could sit on perhaps? Another squirt with the shower head again after you've left it on for a minute to make sure there's nothing left in there but to be honest try not to worry xx
  • Posted

Firstly, stop being in a panic! The most likely explanation is that the black dots are remains of stitches. My stitches came away 7 months after operation and appeared as black bits down the loo and on paper when I wiped. Make a GP or nurse appointment to get it checked out and give yourself peace of mind. 
    • Posted

JoolsB,  thank you for responding.  I just love this forum, and the people like yourself for trying to help and understanding.
  • Posted

hello! could you say please, how is your health? what was it? did you find out what were these little black dots? how were you treated? Now i have same specks in my vaginal discharge. I am taking itraconazole. I think it is a spores of black mold, most likely aspergillus. Am i right?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.