Black Poo

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I have started to do black poo and sometimes it appears as hard marbles and sometimes clumped together. I never have diarrhoea but have always suffered from constipation. I have haemorrhoids but they cause no problem. The only medication I take are Statins. I have been eating figs to help with my bowel movement which seem to be working. Just the black poo that worries me - anyone have any ideas??

Regards

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jean68130

Perhaps you started to take an iron supplement? That can make you constipated and turn your poo dark.

Failing that, it will put your mind at rest to have a check-up with your GP.

Take care of yourself .

• Posted

If it's an ongoing problem, I would suggest you see your doctor as it can be a sign of internal bleeding. They will probably order a blood test (to check for anaemia) and a stool test (to check for blood in your stool).

• Posted

Hi, thanks for replying. Will give it a few days to see IF it rights itself and if not see the Doc. Regards Jean

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.