Black seed-like pods or worms in stool. What is it?

Posted , 1 user is following.

For around a week I was feeling constipated. I was having bowel movements but I knew they were nowhere close to being full or complete. Finally I was so bloated I decided to take Magnesium Citrate.

During that process of aggressively emptying my bowels, I noticed these black seed..tube..worm... things not dissolving with the rest of the fecal matter. They were all similar in shape, but varying in size from several mm to almost an inch. Long and skinny on the ends, and fat in the middle. the smaller ones seem to have a consistent diameter throughout and curl a little bit. All motionless. Close inspection with tweezers they were rubbery and pliable. They dont fall apart easily. If compressed, they elastically retain their shape.

Only smaller ones remained once my solidish stool returned after Mg wore off.

This is nothing I would ever eat in my diet. It looks foreign and seems to have different size and maturation.

I searched all day to find something like this and cant find a damn thing. It looks between a leech, round worm, fluke, or broodsac (i f****ng hope not).

Side note: I've been rashy and itchy on my skin for the past month, mostly in the evenings. Thighs, hands, forearms. My wife was also itchy but it turned out she had chlolestasis and was induced into labor as a result last week. I figured the stress of delivery and sleeping in a hospital for 4 nights was the reason I was constipated. Dont worry, her and baby are safe and fine. The fact that I have a newborn in my home now makes me worry if its a parasite.

I sent the attached photos to my doctor (beware graphic content). He doesnt seem too concerned since I dont have parasitic symptoms such as vomiting, fever, gut pain. Im scheduled to visit in a few days to provide a stool sample...if its still coming out of me.

Any help will be appreciated. Sorry for the graphic photos.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.